DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need advice about getting better angles and shots.

TheEMan199

Reactions
I took my Mavic pro to my favorite hiking trail and made a short video from the footage. If anyone could maybe criticize and tell me what to do better, any advice helps.

You'll probably get a slurry of feedback...I like to keep it simple. 2 thing that I'm working on right now that may help you is 1. Slow down and simplify the shot. I always feel my camera moves are too fast when I look at them in post. 2. Color correct. Learn to use your meters in your editing tool to set your hi,minds and lows....that alone will bring out a natural saturation. If you're not using ND filters, get some (polorpro cinema are amazing) and then if you want get fancy play with some LUTs...but that's optional.

Great location, and keep it up. We all get better with every flight/shot.

Every place is different and every shot will be different. Experiment a lot and enjoy iot. i am very new to the video side as well. So i can not really criticise much. Pan slower is about as much as i can add. At the end of mine you will see a pan over an island, in part two there are some other shots etc but in that confined space there is a limited amounts you can do in angles.

more space gives you more options

The main reason I bought a Mavic (or a drone I should say) is that I want to use it for film making. I haven't been able to use it much due to the nasty weather but the few times I managed to get out Tripod Mode proved to be a massive help in getting smooth dolly and 'crane' shots. I did have a small issue where for some reason tripod mode didn't take effect and I crashed in to a tree, but yeah as nveer said above keeping it slow is a good idea. There are a load of free LUTs out there that make your shots look beautiful too, will definitely be experimenting with more of those. Your footage looks quite nice already though Eman, keep it up :)

Reactions: PT_Mavic
I took my Mavic pro to my favorite hiking trail and made a short video from the footage. If anyone could maybe criticize and tell me what to do better, any advice helps.
Thanks for sharing!
Consider moving 3-4 times slower than you did in this vid. For the most part, panning shots should be kept to a minimum. Maybe have each clip be just a single movement....e.g. pullback, reveal, downward angle, etc., and not combinations in one shot. I think you did a great job with keeping the clip lengths short. You also flew your Mavic nicely in a fairly tight environment!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys