DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help picking iPad

ZeeKodadii

Reactions
Hey guys I wanna get a iPad for the mavic but can't decided between iPad mini or full size 9.7". Wanted to ask you guys that have used witch you use

I was having that debate with myself too the last few days. Most users suggested the mini but as I'm buying with a cell plan on a contract and wanted to future proof as much as possible I opted for the iPad Pro. Received it today and it's pretty awesome.

I am using the full size mainly because that's what I had.
Use it with holder. Like the screen size and easy to use the touch screen.
The RC fits the Mini without having to add anything though.

I think I'm gonna get the 9.7" figures I already have a iPhone 6+ and the iPad mini is not that much bigger for $300 but the bigger iPad is a bigger difference. I also got the mavmount for it

Reactions: buzzlightyr
Ok so I bought the iPad 9.7" and put it on the controller and it's just too big I'm gonna return it and get the mini as it seems to be a good match

Hey guys I wanna get a iPad for the mavic but can't decided between iPad mini or full size 9.7". Wanted to ask you guys that have used witch you use

I got an iPad mini4 specifically for the mavic and I love it it's perfect. Got a great adapter for the controller for it and the whole thing breaks down compact

I have used both the mini and and the larger ipad. The larger ipad is better in my opinion. There really just isnt enough real estate on the mini. I got the mini for free and it works perfectly but I really miss my ipad air 2. I broke it.... before breaking it the Air 2 was flawless.

I also recommend you get one equipped with cellular as well as wifi; without cellular you will loose map location info when out of range of wifi-

I also recommend you get one equipped with cellular as well as wifi; without cellular you will loose map location info when out of range of wifi-

Not true if you tether the wifi ipad to your phone!

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
I have an older iPad 2 that is heavier than current models, and is too old for DJI software, but the size of the platform to pair up with the diminutive RC controller was just too ungainly for me. Also, I would not want to carry that on my motorcycle. So, for me, the mini was my choice. I bought a mini4 with cellular at Apple's refurb shop, Discounted from new but can't tell it isn't, not a scratch or smudge, 64GB, and my straight talk chip ought to arrive tomorrow so I can use it as GPS when traveling, have Internet, and a great view of the FPV that fits the RC controller and a better than 6+ screen size for iMovie edits. I've been an Apple customer since the ][e, been an Apple Certified consultant, so have comfort with the platform in its many incarnations. I'm almost techy enough to get a droid for the open platform, but am approaching retirement and climbing that learning curve just doesn’t sound pleasurable. I've made the right choice for me. It's a balance point you'll have to find for yourself.

I use an iPad mini to Wi-Fi cellular and find it pretty awesome. It's the 16 GB

Just bought a ipad mini 4 32gb refurb on walmart.com for $260. Ive had the original mini for several years now and it still works great but apparently the GO app is compatible with it.

I started with a Nvidia Shield K1 tablet but had some random disconnects while in flight. Tried my friends mini4 and zero problems. Bought used one and after a month saw the post about the 200 mb of free data monthly from T-Mobile for the celluar version of the mini4 and sold my wifi version for the cell version. Couldn't be happier.

i have a 6S+ phone with T-mobile service and I use a WiFi 9.7 IPad Pro and love the heck out of the setup... the IPad hotspots off of the IPhone and it works like a champ... Better cameras on the 9.7 IPad too so Win-Win

i have a 6S+ phone with T-mobile service and I use a WiFi 9.7 IPad Pro and love the heck out of the setup... the IPad hotspots off of the IPhone and it works like a champ... Better cameras on the 9.7 IPad too so Win-Win

How much is the hotspot service with Tmo?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s