DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help selling (possibly) Mavic Pro safely please

Mavic1

Reactions
There's a question or two in here somewhere:

I've got a case of buyer's remorse about buying the Mavic Pro Fly More Kit.

(No lectures please, and don't try to talk me out of returning or selling it; I can't tell you how many high-end items I have purchased and returned because I'm half crazy and felt guilty about spending too much money for a toy).

I've flown it three times. It looks better than when I got it (I'm OCD about my toys - I bought a Corvette a few years ago and had to sell it because I could not take it for a ride without washing and waxing it every time I got home! (I may be three quarters crazy!).

So I started a return to DJI today (bought it from DJI through Amazon). If DJI tries to charge me a restocking fee, I may decide to sell it outright for what I paid for it. My question is:

How do I sell something over the Internet safely? In other words, I want the money in my hands before I mail my $1299 Mavic to a potential crook. I can see the other side too; I wouldn't want to send a potential three quarters crazy dude $1299 without having the Mavic in my hands.

Can someone tell me how this is done, just in case DJI tries to charge me a fee of some type?

Thank you!

Reactions: Mark Faircloth
I am in Australia. So it sucks. Otherwise I would have driven to your place and given cold hard cash.

You could always setup paypal and use that medium for trust between seller and buyer.

How much are you asking for it? Perhaps someone here would be interested in buying it.

Either post in the CLASSIFIED section here or craigslist.com (meet at a public place and ask for cash only and in hand before any "joy files")

You could have already sold it on craigslist in the time you took to post this question.

ebay will charge you a final value fee so you will see less net cash going that route, but you are guaranteed seller protection with paypal.

If you are local to the Bay Area Ca I will drive over right now and hand you 1200 dollars in cash no questions asked.

I'd buy it. eBay seller/buyer since 1997 with 100% positive feedback. (jimwarden) jimwarden at gmail dot com

Let's see I could do $1298 and then cancel my order that won't arrive for several more weeks. I could fly to meet you as I can fly for free if you're close to an airport American Airlines or their regional carriers fly to.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: lostinspace
Let the bidding war commence ;)

I offered 1200 in my post above. :) Oh just for ***** and Giggles - I have a 100 % ebay Feedback rating as both a Seller and a Buyer and have been a member since August 1999.

Whoa! You can type **** and the filter does not catch it.

Well I guess it catches it sometimes? Bizarre ?

I forgot to mention:
Besides being half to three quarters crazy, I'm old and confused about eBay and PayPal. I opened an account with each many years ago, but haven't used either since then.
If someone is really bored and wants to answer these questions, that would be nice, but I think it would be easier for me to wait and see what DJI has to say. If they give me trouble, I'll return to this post and contact interested parties.
How would I sell it using PayPal? (Is PP scam-free? Any seller fee?).
How would I sell it to an eBay seller (I bought a few things off of eBay back then, but never sold anything to any eBay sellers)?
Thanks.

eBay makes it easy to list with their mobile app. PayPal is the preferred payment provider for eBay. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I think it would be easier for me to wait and see what DJI has to say. If they give me trouble, I'll return to this post and contact interested parties.
Thanks.

Please keep us posted as I would like to know if the return process to DJI is a smooth one.

To answer your questions in mode detail.

eBay is the place that one could auction off the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo kit. Or place a Buy It now price upon it with a set sales price.

Paypal is the method by which one would receive funds from a buyer. There is no fee to you to receive funds from Paypal after the auction/ purchase as those are paid by the buyer of the item. There is one caveat to this. An unscrupulous buyer could send funds via Paypal after the auction closes and then at some undetermined time in the future up to 6 months from purchase file a claim with Paypal and indicate that the item was not as described. unfortunately Paypal always sides with the buyer in these cases and the funds would be returned to the buyer even if you felt you had a substantial case with merit.

Thanks for the story and when you go 100 percent crazy feel free to sell me your Mavic.

I'm still waiting for my order to arrive.. and I won't mind having another one at all. I'd like to wait in line too! ebay member since 2001 with 100% feedback on both selling and buying. I'm located in greater LA/OC area, and I'll drive to you and pay you cash if you are anywhere remotely near to this area. Thanks!

Looks like the OP doesn't have to worry about getting his money back! This is a hot market.

Looks like the OP doesn't have to worry about getting his money back! This is a hot market.

No joke, if I had some I'd flip every one I could before the masses hit

Xwo5_f-maxage-0.gif

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22