DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help selling (possibly) Mavic Pro safely please

I think it would be easier for me to wait and see what DJI has to say. If they give me trouble, I'll return to this post and contact interested parties.
Thanks.
Hi. Curious on this. Why would you decide to see if DJI will take the return back rather than sell it outright? Here is what I would do if I were you.

• Take one of the offers here and name how you want the money sent.
    • Ideas for the above include - Cash in hand at a meeting place, paypal "transfer money" (no fees for this), money order
  • For exchange of the drone I would suggest the following
    • Have the buyer send you a prepaid label for FedEx or UPS
    • Or - Have the buyer send you a prepaid label in a box so all you have to do is load it up, tape and ship
    • Or - have the buyer if local come pick up the box from you
There are so many people wanting this a month ago I'm sure you would find someone that will make this as absolutely easy as possible for you. I would take that and help a forum user out. :)

Reply to anyone seriously interested in buying my Mavic Fly More kit:

DJI just emailed me back and it sounds like there will be no problem, except that I have to pay the return shipping, which I couldn't get a firm price on because of the lithium ion batteries. The best I could get was around $38 plus possibly more due to the batteries. So, I'll sell it for $1299 plus $38, which equals $1,337. I won't bargain on this price, so don't even try!

Now comes the problem of payment: As I said before, I'm not comfortable using eBay or PayPal. So I think the only way I'll sell it to an individual (rather than losing $38 or more to ship it back) is have the buyer (that's brave enough) send a certified check to me and wait a day or so to see if it clears before I ship it. I realize that that means you have to trust me, but I don't have to trust you, but that's just how it goes!

As far as meeting up, unless you are in, or near, Louisiana, you'd probably have a long drive getting here. Or if you are serious, jimbug, American Airlines flies to Lafayette Regional Airport (Lafayette, LA), and I can meet you there at any time.

Thanks for all the replies. I hope I can help someone get a Mavic early (and save me $38 or more).

I just read Dronebow's post, and I like the idea of the prepaid shipping label.

Hi. Curious on this. Why would you decide to see if DJI will take the return back rather than sell it outright? Here is what I would do if I were you.

• Take one of the offers here and name how you want the money sent.
    • Ideas for the above include - Cash in hand at a meeting place, paypal "transfer money" (no fees for this), money order
  • For exchange of the drone I would suggest the following
    • Have the buyer send you a prepaid label for FedEx or UPS
    • Or - Have the buyer send you a prepaid label in a box so all you have to do is load it up, tape and ship
    • Or - have the buyer if local come pick up the box from you
There are so many people wanting this a month ago I'm sure you would find someone that will make this as absolutely easy as possible for you. I would take that and help a forum user out. :)
Thanks for the ideas!

You're profile says your 36? At any rate the easiest way is to meet someone with $100 bills in a Starbucks or some public place!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Age 36 - Quoting a few different smart guys: "Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

If you decide not to take the above offers I have Sat, Sun, Monday -Nov. 5,6,7 off and could fly down to LaFayette,LA and meet you with cash. I fly standby so Monday would probably be best. Let me know. I'll email you my cell #. Thanks, Jim Miller

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Crazy chit here.. really crazy. A used bird for full price.. no way in heck I would do that.

Reactions: mchrisb03
This whole thing smells a little fishy to me
Would be interested in seeing your battery log to see how many times used/charged

Been flying mine a few days and haven't had a single problem. I don't know what it's made out of, but it feels like a tank. The batteries last longer than on my P3S (YMMV). I don't regret buying it a bit.

THANKS for posting this! The beginning of the thread about overhearing the gimbal motors by leaving the (what I thought was the plastic bubble) on while flying scared the poop out of me! I leave mine on any time I'm flying for "fun" and not filming.

Last edited:
Are you folks really seriously thinking of sending someone $$$ in a check and hope you get something in return..... all without going through some kind of escrow.
I mean come on..... This is just foolish, even if everything goes as planned for both parties.

Reactions: HeavensAbove
If you were local or were able to extend terms that were more reasonable for both the seller and the BUYER I would honor my statement made in this thread previously.

I once sent many thousands of dollars via check for an eBay vehicle purchase and lets just say that was a headache and 1/2. The vehicle had to be shipped from Indiana to California. Vehicle arrived trashed by shipping company and title never did. A vehicle is worthless without a valid title.

I can use the Escrow method posted above by member dam as that is safe for both parties. If this is not amenable then feel free to proceed to the next person waiting. Mine will come and I wont be risking 1300 bones when it does.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy