DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help selling (possibly) Mavic Pro safely please

Crazy chit here.. really crazy. A used bird for full price.. no way in heck I would do that.

Kinda , but because of the current market for the Mavic new ones are selling for DOUBLE the price plus. So used at asking price is a small price gouge , but not over the top.

This sounds like a scam, buyers beware. The OP indicates he has OCD and provides an example of a Corvette that he never drove and compares that to $1300 drone? Those that suffer with such a disease will normally have an escape route, in ofher words, they know exactly what steps are needed to conduct such a return. This person reaches out to us to ask how to remedy his problem and now wants to offer it to one of us? That would more than likely create even more anxiety not knowing whether or not he sold something that might have an issue or could possibly injury someone, the list goes on and on. Lastly, he then adds on what he thinks the return shipping is like he's doing all of us a favor by being so generous. I would recommend staying away from this person, something is definitely wrong with this deal.

Reactions: Mako79
maybe @Mavic1 one could help us out with a copy of the email from DJI he speaks about (fast reply from them) and some pics of his Mavic

Quoting a few different smart guys: "Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

may be a good piece of advice from the man himself

Reactions: HeavensAbove
If you can send a check from your credit card, it may cover any kind of fraudulent activity. Also, most banks protect against this as well. FYI, I had something similar happen when I payed through my BofA account and when I contacted the bank about the fraud, they took care of it. But if you can pay though a service like PayPal or your credit card you should be protected. Cards like American Express will offer paper checks and they cover everything.

It's seems to be a whole lot of effort in order to avoid a slight delay of ones "brand new" Mavic.

Mavic Pro(drone only) sold over $2000 on ebay. I would list it on ebay as a Buy-it-now and set the price at $2000(Or more since you have a Fly more bundle). And also list it on your local craiglist at the same time. If you sell it on craiglist, don't forget to remove the Ebay listing.

Reactions: mchrisb03
Supply and Demand.. Economics 101.. ;-)
Yes... but it is a false sense of supply shortage that will last another week or so.. So I get the desire to have one now and pay actual price for a new one but still say you shouldn't and that "you are touched in the head" for paying full price for a used AC.

Mavic Pro(drone only) sold over $2000 on ebay. I would list it on ebay as a Buy-it-now and set the price at $2000(Or more since you have a Fly more bundle). And also list it on your local craiglist at the same time. If you sell it on craiglist, don't forget to remove the Ebay listing.

Yes there is one born everyday!

Yes... but it is a false sense of supply shortage that will last another week or so.. So I get the desire to have one now and pay actual price for a new one but still say you shouldn't and that "you are touched in the head" for paying full price for a used AC.
Hmm. Well, not really. Say you just ordered your MP and you won't get it in time for your vacation in a month. I don't think people that order today will get their stuff in a week. My order has been there over a month and I STILL have no idea when I will get it.

On this one, if it's all on the up and up, and it "seems" like it is, it's practically brand new and there is no problem moving it at the Fly More Combo price. Think about it in terms of anything else. I bought a brand new 2016 Tacoma and I drove it home and around the block 3 times. It's still brand new IMO and should fetch a brand new price. If Tacoma's were hard to find, maybe more.

If I was hard up to get my MP, I'd make the 6 hour drive to Louisiana and pick it up in person. :)

something is definitely wrong with this deal.

Agreed...

giphy.gif

Everyone can quit speculating, and in some cases (only a few, thankfully), voicing their "thoughtful," "mature," INCORRECT opinions. I decided that for the price of a meal for two, I could easily and safely return the Mavic without having to worry about losing $1299 to a savvy crook. Thanks to those who were polite and offered useful advice. To the few that were immature wastes of oxygen; insignificant excrement of fleas, I hope that you one day become kind, happy, useful members of our society that needs help more than ever. I won't be reading the forum any more, since I no longer have a Mavic, so there's no need to waste the bandwidth with more thoughtful replies.

Don't let the door hit ya in the A$$!!!!

what a piece of work!!!

Everyone can quit speculating, and in some cases (only a few, thankfully), voicing their "thoughtful," "mature," INCORRECT opinions. I decided that for the price of a meal for two, I could easily and safely return the Mavic without having to worry about losing $1299 to a savvy crook. Thanks to those who were polite and offered useful advice. To the few that were immature wastes of oxygen; insignificant excrement of fleas, I hope that you one day become kind, happy, useful members of our society that needs help more than ever. I won't be reading the forum any more, since I no longer have a Mavic, so there's no need to waste the bandwidth with more thoughtful replies.

Nothing insignificant about flea excrement
That guy is obviously nuts

I'll cherish the emails I received from him in my brief attempt at getting a FlyMore Combo while TN is in its fall colors:)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

There's a question or two in here somewhere:

I've got a case of buyer's remorse about buying the Mavic Pro Fly More Kit.

(No lectures please, and don't try to talk me out of returning or selling it; I can't tell you how many high-end items I have purchased and returned because I'm half crazy and felt guilty about spending too much money for a toy).

I've flown it three times. It looks better than when I got it (I'm OCD about my toys - I bought a Corvette a few years ago and had to sell it because I could not take it for a ride without washing and waxing it every time I got home! (I may be three quarters crazy!).

So I started a return to DJI today (bought it from DJI through Amazon). If DJI tries to charge me a restocking fee, I may decide to sell it outright for what I paid for it. My question is:

How do I sell something over the Internet safely? In other words, I want the money in my hands before I mail my $1299 Mavic to a potential crook. I can see the other side too; I wouldn't want to send a potential three quarters crazy dude $1299 without having the Mavic in my hands.

Can someone tell me how this is done, just in case DJI tries to charge me a fee of some type?

Thank you!

(No lectures please, and don't try to talk me out of returning or selling it; I can't tell you how many high-end items I have purchased and returned because I'm half crazy and felt guilty about spending too much money for a toy).

I've flown it three times. It looks better than when I got it (I'm OCD about my toys - I bought a Corvette a few years ago and had to sell it because I could not take it for a ride without washing and waxing it every time I got home! (I may be three quarters crazy!).

So I started a return to DJI today (bought it from DJI through Amazon). If DJI tries to charge me a restocking fee, I may decide to sell it outright for what I paid for it. My question is:

How do I sell something over the Internet safely? In other words, I want the money in my hands before I mail my $1299 Mavic to a potential crook. I can see the other side too; I wouldn't want to send a potential three quarters crazy dude $1299 without having the Mavic in my hands.

Can someone tell me how this is done, just in case DJI tries to charge me a fee of some type?

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N