DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help with Mavic remote control settings

JAY DEE

Reactions
Does anyone have some input on whether the two options about calibrating the maps for mainland China should be on or off? I'm located in Oklahoma USA.

Also out of the box the SD card in my mavic had quite a few files on it. Are they necessary for the operation of the mavic or can I replace that card with a larger one? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T280 using MavicPilots mobile app

China map settings should be off.

SD card can be replaced with no problem. (Would be interesting to see what the files are...probably a camera test).

Maybe two folders? DCIM being one of them?
Sorry, couldn't resist. If someone asks if he should enable a setting for mainland China while being in the US...

If you go to china and have a look at the map on your samsung. You will se that the map will show you at a position 500meters away. It would be to complicated to go into the details, but there is a offset between the GPS system and the maps over China. To correct this when you are flying in china you enable the "China mainland option" on the remote.

BTW. Anyone that has not been to China should consider it. Definitely worth a visit.

Also out of the box the SD card in my mavic had quite a few files on it. Are they necessary for the operation of the mavic
No.

.... Anyone that has not been to China should consider it. Definitely worth a visit.

You are joking I hope?
I've been at many places / countries, and China is one of the places I will never ever go back to!

Personal preference - so what?
Factory is, that Google maps (and obviously also Here maps) have an offset on China.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+