DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need more understanding of new update

nesstimo

Reactions
I apologize now, as I am sure this topic has already been discussed in detail but I need a little better understanding of the new firmware update. My understanding is, that I may potentially have to update or log in every time I enter a "new geographic area". I realize this isn't a big deal as long as you have good cell service. Can anyone tell me however what happens when you go to a different country or rural area where cell service isn't available? Are you then restricted to the 50m limitation?

you only have to log into a DJI app or any DJI approved 3rd party app. No network connection needed. DJI just don't want you to fly your Mavic without having logged on to an app first. After having being logged into the app you can even throw away your mobile device and fly the whole day with just the remote if you like.

DJI just wants to prevent that the sky warriors circumvent no fly zones and flight restrictions by only using the RC, without app.

Had anyone tried the latest version to see what happens when you change countries and try to takeoff without internet? I would assume it will request an NFZ patch for that country.

Rob

My understanding is, if you do the full updates and change areas...if you don't have the most recent NFZ loaded, this will require you to connect to DJI to get the updates for that area, or your craft will be crippled. Remember, that DJI is there to protect you from....you. There was just another report of "on the fly updating of NFZ" and being grounded. In other words, DJI has the ability to update the NFZ on your device at will and ground you. I guess this would not happen after the original sign in and never, ever connecting to the internet again with that device - but once you do, the NFZs will update. The DJI Go app tries to connect to DJI constantly according to my firewall program on my phone, running in the background without the app actually open. Not for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll