DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

need opinions on what display to use

allen deckard

Reactions
Right now I have an Ipad but it's apparently 1 level behind whats required for the DJI app.

Also not sure but personally think it's a bit of a large (10") screen to lug around.

Have an unused iPhone 5 I had in a drawer that wont work either.

Ok I'll admit it I'm old and still use a flip phone (insert joke here) but have no desire to buy a smart phone had one and simply didn't use it that much add to that my vision isn't all that great and looking at an iPhone is just not that easy.

So now that I think I've limited my options I think the ipad mini 2 or 4 maybe?

Will they fit in the remote without adapters and cables? I know I've read people using them so I know they will work but is that the "best" option in peoples opinion?

Are there devices that I'm not thinking of that might work better/fit better///faster///compatible///reliable than an Ipad.

Anyway mainly just looking for a general feeling from the community before I spend another 400 to 700 on a device.

Thanks all opinions welcome.

So now that I think I've limited my options I think the ipad mini 2 or 4 maybe?
You can use any of the Apple devices listed here.

Will they fit in the remote without adapters and cables?
You'll need to attach a Lightning cable to the USB port in the bottom of the remote controller. While it's a tight fit, the iPad Mini 2/4 will fit into the remote controller as long as you do not have a case on the iPad Mini. If needed, you can find a list of commonly used Lightning cables and/or tablet mounts here.

If you're not on a budget and old like me with bad eyes, then the iPad Mini 4 is a great option.

I use the iPad Mini4 and it works great, it fits with the remote...and it's comfortable to hold without feeling bulky and awkward...

thanks a lot.
I think the mini 4 will be what I go with it's probably time to upgrade my tablet anyway even though it works fine.

Isn't really that I'm on a budget I'm just cheep and didn't want to buy an iPhone solely for the drone dang things are 700 bucks now seems high to just use it as a screen.

anyway thanks again it is appreciated biggest thing is I'm glad it fits into the remote without issues or extra brackets to make things more bulky don't want to defeat the purpose of the compact drone.

If budget is an issue get the Mini 2 (with cellular h/w), but here are a few 7" Android tabs that will do the job for less money. For example the Nexus 7 2013 LTE can be picked up relatively cheaply and this is a cracking device. If budget not an issue get the mini 4 w/cellular. You might want to use it for other stuff too to get your money's worth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu