DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Never Ending Debates...

BluesDragon

Reactions
... Intel or AMD... Windows or Mac... Ford or Chevy... Android or iOS... PB and Jelly or PB and Pickles (Hey, don't knock it til you've tried it!)... Follow your head or follow your heart.

All are debates that will most likely withstand time. I'm one that researches.. reads.. research some more.. read... and then think about to what my needs works best. My heart tends to lead in one direction, mostly due to attraction... and then my head kicks in and the great debate begins. Yeah, I'm in my head way too much. So, "intel is for business... amd is for gamer's". I'm a gamer... amd all the way! No brainer for me there. Windows or Mac? For me... Winblows. Yeah, that's no typo. Windows has it's issues and my heart may not be all in, but I find it an easier system for me to manipulate to my liking. I could build my own PC (in my younger days) from the mother board on up, load Winblows latest and run with it so much easier then with Mac products. So I followed my heart... and at the very least what my head was capable of at the time. I can sit here and tell you how much of Chevy guy I am. Just something about them turns me on. Especially with a nice grrumble to 'em. Love 'em!! Guess what...?... I drive a Toyota. 2009 over 120k on the odo. Still runs like new and can get an average of 300 per tank. So yeah, I tend to find it more feasible to follow my head over my heart time after time,, debate after debate.
That all being said.. I'm an Andriod guy. No not like Data from the Star Trek series. I've just always leaned towards Android based phones, since my beginning of time with personal cell phones. Again.. after months of research on the MP and what works and doesn't work with the different operating systems, apps, and such. I have to let go of my heart and follow my head. Sure I could follow my heart. Join in the fight with DJI to make their products work better with my love for Android. Or... I can read between the lines... it's just not gonna get better. From what I've read, this has been on going with DJI since the beginning of their app for flying their drones. I had to follow my head on this one too. Got an iPad mini 4 on the way now. Specifically for and to be dedicated to the MP. Just makes the best sense... in my head anyhow. ;)

**Now I've just gotta get me a Mav!** o_O

Guess, I can't complain. I own a android and a Ipad. I also own a PC and a Imac. and also own a Chevy and Toyota.
As for Pickles on my P and J, Not so much.
Apple devices are much more stable with DJI products and you will appreciate that in the long run.
I use my Ipad to fly all of my DJI drones and have never had any issues. That confidence is well worth having the Mini 4 for your flying.

Basic Mavic or Fly-More Pack? lol...

Well... again.. after much researching.. I found the Basic to be the best option for me. I knew, already, I'd be getting the cool blue all-in-one charging system that actually charges everything at the same time... not one by one as the charging system in the Fly More Combo does. I had also decided I would prefer a hard case over the carry bag in that package as well. So I found it better for me to just go Basic, get a few extra batteries, the charging system that works like it should, and a decent hard case. Ended up getting all I needed to get started.. including landing gear extensions, lenses, and sun shade for nearly what I woulda spent on the Fly More Combo alone. Of coarse.. buying the Mini 4 for a dedicated screen still put me up there... but the wife is happy, so it's all good. :rolleyes:

"Your thread Never Ending Debates... was moved to a different forum. Reason: Please post in the correct section . Thanks"

Really!?!? Do the mods even read the threads or just the subject titles??

Please make me understand how a thread... which obviously, when read, is all about the Mavic Pro... and it's accessories.. not to mention, sat in a Mavic Pro forum for over a month before a recently updated post, today, is now not a 'Mavic Pro' thread, but an 'Off Topic' thread?

Your post seems to have almost nothing to do with the Mavic so this seems an appropriate place, I've read your post a couple of times and still not really sure what the point of it is to be honest, the almost complete lack of formatting doesn't help.

John

Hmmm.. well, I'm not sure what ya mean by the formatting, which is probably why there seems to be a lack of it. Then again, I'm not a writer.. I just speak from my mind. Although... the OP is all about the choice of an iOS product over an Android product as the main screen for the Mavic Pro. The follow up post, yesterday.. just before being moved, was all about the Basic Mavic Pro over the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo package. So I still don't get how it has nothing to do with the Mavic Pro.

No worries though... just trying to understand so I'm not posting in the wrong areas

Almost your entire post is one huge block of text with no paragraphs or spacing which is difficult to read and will tend to put people off reading it ( I certainly didn't go past the outdated comments on AMD, they've not been the gaming choice for many years although that may change with Ryzen). The original post is not all about the choice of IOS over Android, most of it is irrelevant ramblings about your brand preferences and it's only the last few lines you actually get to the Mavic and even then your entire post can be boiled down to one line - you bought an IOS product even though you prefer Android as DJI support IOS better, that's not really much for a topic of its own.

John

For me, it's "whatever gives me the most room to tinker." When I finally move somewhere with space for a workshop of my own, I'm inevitably going to build my own drone too. (And yes, I'm aware that could take years, potentially. The building and designing and rebuilding and adjusting settings and so on is part of the fun.)

The OP forgot one more debate, for game nerds: Sega or Nintendo? It's an old, irrelevant question that still gets tossed around by some.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22