DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Activation while on vacation question

Dronin

Reactions
With the upcoming "End Of Week" Activation messages from DJI I am concerned about my lack of access to internet.

I will be having a "Long Weekend" out of town starting on Friday in a place where my internet will be extremely limited if I can get it all. I know my phones go "dark" as soon as I get the area. I usually fly with an iPad Mini because my Android DJI App stops working periodically when flying. Since I can't seem to download maps ahead of time on IOS like I can on my Android. I was hoping to Hotspot off of a friend to at least cache maps while I start flying. After that, I thought I could survive with no internet until I get back home.

Now, with the end of week activation hanging over my head, I am curious as to how crippling this is going to be to me without data/internet. Will I need a sustained robust internet connection from which I'll need to download hundreds of megabytes to keeping flying my MP as normal? Also, my laptop doesn't even have my DJI Assistant software on it, although I did download it in case of emergency. Will I actually need to plug this in to update firmware, I have the latest firmware at the moment.

Does anyone have any clue regarding how internet intensive this new activation process is going to be? I don't mind doing it next week, or right now, but it sounds like this is going to hit at the most inconvenient time for me. Not to mention, this trip is the main reason I bought the drone and certainly why I bought it 2 months ago it when I did. I have been training on it and this weekend is "The Big Game" so to speak. Now it appears that this could go really wrong for me. If it is rendered useless during the most important time for me, it'll be like the wedding photographer missing the actual wedding day.

You will not be forced to do the update, and it will not limit your flying because you did not do it. I would make sure your iPad is set to not automatically update apps so you keep the current Go4 until you're ready for it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580