DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New and like most new seeking some info.

is it normal for dgi to retard your quad if you don't update firm ware?

• Yes

• No

• No clue iam new like you

• I hate new people and iam mad I read your post since there was a poll

Results are only viewable after voting.

Col Mustard

Reactions
Hello all.
Ordered my mavic yesterday (won't be here tell wed) but downloaded the app for apple, and was quite dismayed at the forced firmware message etc for next week and reading about it disabling most features etc if not updated.

Iam a first time drone / quadecopter owner (honestly no flight experience wondering what's the preferred term drone quad etc) so was wondering if this a normal practice of dgi?

I've been looking on there sight and the net to see if I can find the current firmware, but at least at dgi doesn't look like I can get it tell I have there product in my hand. Is there a file or database / site that I can get there recent or past firmware haven't seen one yet in my searches.

I've gone over countless reviews and self help type videos for the mavic for the past week and besides the general consensus that dgi costumer service is extremely poor I'd thought I found the drone/quad for me. Honestly the only other one I considered was a dgi product as well, so be in the same boat as well.

Any way new guy USA, in TX (haven't looked at other states but we got some tuff rules).

Thanks for any info etc, and a early thanks for any that welcome me etc below.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

No, DJI has never restricted a quad that's running old firmware. All firmware updates are optional too. If you don't want to update the firmware, then continue to fly on whatever is installed when your Mavic arrives.

Welcome yours may have the firmware already installed when it arrives.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Well got it in today.. after several hours of failed firmware update attempts. The sun was about to go down so just gave it a test flight as is (35 min or so) and I loved it. I'd get up before work to go again but chances of 1 inch hail tonight and rain expected in the morning so fingers crossed I'll get 10-15 min weather permitting. Was very cool to see a new perspective of my current area.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143