DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Autofocus Problem!

kona

Reactions
As of a few flights ago I have an issue with the AF on my Mavic. It doesn't happen every flight, but when it happens it's really annoying in that the AF will suddenly snap out of focus. A few seconds after I fix it by tapping on a point it will snap out of focus again. This repeats until the flight is over, throughout multiple refocuses.

During the same flights there's also another issue which is that in the upper half of the video frame a horizontal jitter will snap through the image every once in a while. I've seen this being reported by others.

Does anybody else have this issue?

Last edited:
Why not just turn off the AFC, it will still focus when you start a recording but best tap a suitable part of screen.
The jitter is more concerning, does it happen when you stop abruptly or make other sudden movement?
Make sure gimbal mounting has not jumped over the tabs which limit movement.

I've seen the "refuse to stay in focus" problem once. It happened when I powered up and lifted off from thick lawn grass, and I think the Camera was actually slightly obstructed by the tall grass during initialization. Once I landed and initialized on a smooth surface, the problem went away.

Reactions: kona
As of a few flights ago I have an issue with the AF on my Mavic. It doesn't happen every flight, but when it happens it's really annoying in that the AF will suddenly snap out of focus. A few seconds after I fix it by tapping on a point it will snap out of focus again. This repeats until the flight is over, throughout multiple refocuses.

During the same flights there's also another issue which is that in the upper half of the video frame a horizontal jitter will snap through the image every once in a while. I've seen this being reported by others.

Does anybody else have this issue?

Mine does the same thing. To fix it simply toggle over to manual focus and get the camera in focus. Then go back to auto focus and it works fine after that. It seems like a bug because once the focus is off, it stays off by a fixed margin. You can see with the tap to focus even that the image gets clear, but then it snaps back to the out of focus state. I've sat there focusing 10 times on every part of the screen, but nothing fixes except to switch to manual focus and then back.

Mine does the same thing. To fix it simply toggle over to manual focus and get the camera in focus. Then go back to auto focus and it works fine after that. It seems like a bug because once the focus is off, it stays off by a fixed margin. You can see with the tap to focus even that the image gets clear, but then it snaps back to the out of focus state. I've sat there focusing 10 times on every part of the screen, but nothing fixes except to switch to manual focus and then back.

That's useful to hear! And just to confirm, you're not experiencing this on every fight, right? I experience it in about 20% of flights. I tend to just land and turn off/on drone and controller, then take off again.

That's useful to hear! And just to confirm, you're not experiencing this on every fight, right? I experience it in about 20% of flights. I tend to just land and turn off/on drone and controller, then take off again.
Yes, about the same for me. Seems to occur more when there's less light, but happens in daytime as well.

Only having focus problems in way point mode on the Litchi app, focus wont auto focus in this mode on the new 1.500 firmware. Tap screen or use C1 button and camera will focus but instantly goes way out of focus again.

Only having focus problems in way point mode on the Litchi app, focus wont auto focus in this mode on the new 1.500 firmware. Tap screen or use C1 button and camera will focus but instantly goes way out of focus again.
I solved this problem by disabling "auto rec".First you must tap to focus in FPV mode,start recording, and then begin your waypoint mission.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore