DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New battery vs one with 72 flights

I saw this earlier today. I'm glad it exist so that it can be used later if need be. Also nice to have a reference.

Thanks for doing the test.
I think what you are seeing is pretty normal. The old battery is no longer on the peak of it's power curve, it has dropped in an expected manor and should decline slower for the next 250 flights. After that it will start to go into a more rapid decline until its pretty much useless at the 400 plus charge point.

Rob

Thanks for doing the test.
I think what you are seeing is pretty normal. The old battery is no longer on the peak of it's power curve, it has dropped in an expected manor and should decline slower for the next 250 flights. After that it will start to go into a more rapid decline until its pretty much useless at the 400 plus charge point.

Rob

Not my test but I did go thru the arduous task of posting it ;)

Battery deterioration is completely normal and now im glad to see there is a reference to how long it takes. Of course it will vary depending on how you take care of the battery. I have 3, one that came with the Mavic and the other two bought later about a week apart. Im charging the 2 newer ones twice for every time I charge the older one until they all get about even then ill just rotate them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melanik and scooot
From my own but less scientific experience (didn't do a side by side test, only normal flying and landing at the same 25-30%) they lose more through time than through flights.
My 3 original batteries (now >6 months old) have had about 20-30 flights each, but they all lost about 4-5 mins flight time vs the new one I got a month ago.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3