DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Chinese real world review with crashes!

flumpet

Reactions
Check this out, there is a portion where they test out the follow me mode and the mavic clips some branches. Then they had to retake that scene walking a slightly different route.

Its in mandarin though...

Nearer to the end she talks about some cloudy issue on the lens. and thinks its due to the high humidity or morning due when placed near the ground. So could that be an issue with the lens???

At 5:12, the path seemed to be clear until the branches were swept by the winds towards the Mavic to cause the crash.

It will be nice when they add English subtitles. I wonder what kind of glasses she's wearing. They look cool.

At 5:12, the path seemed to be clear until the branches were swept by the winds towards the Mavic to cause the crash.

This is awesome! Mavic Pro handled that crash like a champ! My P3 A would have blasted a few props , ripped the camera off of the gimbal and the ribbon cable would be sheared off.

The Mavic was obviously able to keep on keepin on. Lots less potential for having to send the Mavic Pro in for damage.

Reactions: Eloute and kmaluo
Check this out, there is a portion where they test out the follow me mode and the mavic clips some branches. Then they had to retake that scene walking a slightly different route.

Its in mandarin though...

The Mavic seems to shake a lot in a hover. Motors too close together for the gyro to work properly? Gain needs to be turned up?

She seemed confused by the hazy images at one point, it was clearly condensation on the lens. This is a problem all the time in humid environments such as hers. I have had this happen to all my cameras.

Video quality looking soft, still more questions than answers.
All the "good" videos have sharpness added. Plus many users don't seem aware of focusing not being the same as the P4. Nothing major. I think the colours look nicer too, P4 looks almost "washed out" in comparison... People are also saying they prefer the P4's wider lens but again, you can compensate for it in most situations. Also, I haven't looked this up but I'd assume the more narrow lens would result in less of a fish eye effect.

Main thing to consider - IT FITS IN YOUR POCKET! Mavic's main selling point is that it is compact.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98