DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New dJI GO 4 app released for android

Anthony

Reactions
Last edited:
Has anyone encountered the DJI GO 4 App not connecting with their Mavic Pro on Android?

UPDATE: Problem was that the DJI GO 4 App did not want to play nice with the DJI GO App. I uninstalled the DJI GO App, restarted my phone, started up the DJI GO 4 App and all was well.

Last edited:
I like to see someone other then me test the waters for at least a week before diving into the unknown. Those of use that has been around a while know it's no fun getting caught with your pants down so to speak. When the Phantom 3 Pro and Adv 1st came out it was the 3rd update that jacked us all up. We lost the range, and 32 channels it 1st came out with. The next update was major issues the VPS and Gimbal. And list grew and grew from the point onward.

Has anyone encountered the DJI GO 4 App not connecting with their Mavic Pro on Android?

UPDATE: Problem was that the DJI GO 4 App did not want to play nice with the DJI GO App. I uninstalled the DJI GO App, restarted my phone, started up the DJI GO 4 App and all was well.

Well if you had to delete the regular DJI GO APP to get DJI GO 4 with the Mavic to connect..

What the heck are you supposed to use on an Inspire 1--Phantom 3 etc????

Jack

They can coexist fine, just make sure both versions aren't running at the same time same as you would if you use Litchi as well.

They can coexist fine, just make sure both versions aren't running at the same time same as you would if you use Litchi as well.
You may have to force stop DJI Go to use the new version.
I've tried it today and neither would connect so I just deleted the old app since I have a different device for P3 anyway.
When you first start with both apps installed it asks which to use but still won't connect.
After deleting old version it jumped straight on when controller was restarted.

Captaindrone said he had to uninstall GO for GO 4 to work right. So have others tested both to work ok together on the same device?. GO can coexist with GO 4 as long as both aren't running at the same time, correct?

Fly often, be safe.

Yes all good, he likely just had the old app set to open by default, simply need to clear that.

Good Grief!! I have not even received my Mavic yet - have been avidly absorbing every piece of minutia out there (here!) to prepare and now there is a new App?? Which one should I / could I / need I use????? Am sure hoping the arthritis in my fingers doesn't get too bad over the next years while I await my Mavic!

Reactions: Nikos and sonof40
Good Grief!! I have not even received my Mavic yet - have been avidly absorbing every piece of minutia out there (here!) to prepare and now there is a new App?? Which one should I / could I / need I use????? Am sure hoping the arthritis in my fingers doesn't get too bad over the next years while I await my Mavic!
I've been waiting since sept 29th for my Mavic .I just ordered touch screen winter gloves since they seem to always ship DJI birds in the winter months.:(

Well if you had to delete the regular DJI GO APP to get DJI GO 4 with the Mavic to connect..

Jack

It was odd. I could not get the DJI GO 4 App to work with the Mavic while the older GO App was present. I tried shutting the old App down fully but no luck. The new DJI GO App kept telling me that my phones WiFi of 2.4 was causing interference. I turned off the phones WiFi but still no luck. Tried a clean reboot even. The old DJI GO App which was updated on November 25th still worked perfectly with the Mavic. Once I deleted that version of the DJI GO App from my phone, then the newer version DJI GO 4 recognized the Mavic.

Perhaps it was just an issue with Android and my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 5).

these apps use something called listeners
they "listen" microUSB connection and when the DJI remote is connected, they start the app (or ask which app to use)
but listeners of DJI GO and DJI GO 4 are most probably fighting each other, that's why the best solution is to uninstall one of the app

I seriously doubt both apps will coexist with one another. They likely use the same directory names like so in the past apps. To run both the hosting device would require 2 sets of directories/folders. Besides...as you know, dji does everything possible these systems to run as smooth as they can with no hick ups.

They do coexist and store everything separately, there are 2 sets of folders indeed.

There is a new tutorial video in this new version it talkes about the gimbal supports and making sure the armes are extended before you do a compass calibration.

They do coexist and store everything separately, there are 2 sets of folders indeed.

I have both installed. Btw, I posted before installing and was not aware that the GO4 app will only function with the Mavic, P4 Pro, and Inspire 2. And because of this there should be no reason why the two apps couldn't coexist.

Jack
Yeah, same concern here. I have mavic pro and osmo mobile so if i delete the dji go app, i don't have the app for osmo mobile.

Did they remove the edit photo feature with DJI Go 4? On the older app, when I share my photos it would have an edit prompt where I can adjust the colour and contrast of the photo before sharing it. Now it seems like this is gone. Am I the only one?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr