DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New drone.... updated firmware... remote unresponsive

sbrierley13

Reactions
Hi all,
I just unboxed my Mavic Pro. I followed the start up instructions to the letter. Everything looked good to go when a firmware icon on my phone indicated that my equipment needed an update.

I followed the onscreen instructions and the update failed. Sadly the remote has gone completely unresponsive. It powers up and says "connecting" and does nothing else.

I have been able to update the drone via the DJI Assistant 2, but the remote will not connect to a phone or the DJI assistant. I have tried the holding of the C1,C2, Record buttons and then the shutter button process... the remote will not even respond to that.

DJI online support says down until further notice.

Would love any advice you may have.... itching to try this thing so far no joy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: flightmike
Sounds like it "bricked" your remote. DJI is going to ask that it be sent in is more than likely.

Contact @thunderdrones here on the forum and see if he has an RC unit that he can sell you and fast track to your location if you dont want the hassle and wait of sending it back.

Then sell the extra remote controller on craigslist or eBay.

Hi all,
I just unboxed my Mavic Pro. I followed the start up instructions to the letter. Everything looked good to go when a firmware icon on my phone indicated that my equipment needed an update.

I followed the onscreen instructions and the update failed. Sadly the remote has gone completely unresponsive. It powers up and says "connecting" and does nothing else.

I have been able to update the drone via the DJI Assistant 2, but the remote will not connect to a phone or the DJI assistant. I have tried the holding of the C1,C2, Record buttons and then the shutter button process... the remote will not even respond to that.

DJI online support says down until further notice.

Would love any advice you may have.... itching to try this thing so far no joy.

Anyone have any ideas?

I would try relinking.

Re-linking does not work since the remote is "stuck" with the "connection" message. Will not communicate with DJI assistant 2 nor phone. Cannot even get it to respond to relinking procedure with buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have the same issue and if you do a search you'll find a number of other users have this problem as well.

If you email DJI, then they will reply - unfortunately they are refusing to support me as apparently mine is a Chinese version, even though I purchased it through an official reseller in Australia :(

My buddy has the same problem with his. He sent it back and is waiting for a new one.

Re-linking does not work since the remote is "stuck" with the "connection" message. Will not communicate with DJI assistant 2 nor phone. Cannot even get it to respond to relinking procedure with buttons.

Shut down the RC connect to the computer, make sure no other USB cord is attached to the drone, and power it back on. See if DJI Assistant will recognize it. Make sure the only USB cord connected is going to the computer. Even if the little dongle on the side is not connected to a device it will still block the USB port on the bottom if it's plugged in on the side.

From your description it sounds like you updated the drone firmware only but not the remote firmware? If you're using DJI assistant you have to update both those things one at a time.

iPhone 6S

From your description it sounds like you updated the drone firmware only but not the remote firmware? If you're using DJI assistant you have to update both those things one at a time.

iPhone 6S

The problem is that I can`t connect the RC to the assistant... It wont recognize it...

at the last night i had same problem. after upgrade the RC didn't connect to the mavic. after this problem i upgraded the mavic first and after the RC to same FW in dji assistant, and the connection came back between the RC and mavic.

(sorry for my english!)

Reactions: cattel
at the last night i had same problem. after upgrade the RC didn't connect to the mavic. after this problem i upgraded the mavic first and after the RC to same FW in dji assistant, and the connection came back between the RC and mavic.

(sorry for my english!)
How did you connected the RC to the assistant! When I plug the RC to the PC, nothing happens !
Did you connect in which port of the RC? You are using Mac ?

How did you connected the RC to the assistant! When I plug the RC to the PC, nothing happens !
Did you connect in which port of the RC? You are using Mac ?

i use PC, but it dosen't matter i think. i don't know. i'm a beginner pilot, or something like that :)

so, you can connect the RC to the computer whit the USB cabel, what you use for charging the RC. first connect the RC to the computer. then switch on. after start the dji assistant 2 software. the software will show you if the RC connected to the computer. click on the "mavic RC ..." button in the assistant 2, and check the FW. if you have to upgrade it, do not upgrade the RC first. you have to upgrade the mavic first, so check the mavic's FW also, and upgrade it, if you have to.

UPDATE: sorry! you have to use the left side USB slot on the RC. i use that too always when i upgrade it.

(sorry for my english!)

Yes, it's pretty much the same for the Mac - personally I start Assistant first and then plug the RC in via USB - plugging the micro-usb into the left hand side of the RC and the USB into the Mac.
Although, this did not resolve my 'Connecting' issue on the RC, I've had to send mine back :(

Reactions: cattel
Yes, it's pretty much the same for the Mac - personally I start Assistant first and then plug the RC in via USB - plugging the micro-usb into the left hand side of the RC and the USB into the Mac.
Although, this did not resolve my 'Connecting' issue on the RC, I've had to send mine back :(

sorry for hear that :(

my problem at the last night was after i try downgrade my mavic and RC to 0200 FW from 0400. all the downgrade was complete on the assistant. after this procedure the GO4 app said i have problem, because no same FW on the system (RC and mavic). i tried downgrade the RC with the go4 app. after i had the problem. the RC not connected anymore and the mavic's ventillator stopped. i think, it was some software crash in the system. after i did, what i wrote for you. maybe you have not a same problem.

I hope your problem will be solved soon as possible! i wish all the best!

(sorry for my english!)

I decided to just purchase a new controller. The one I have won't connect to assistant and it won't connect to the AC. I can fly fine with wifi on my phone. So I don't think it is the AC. Hope the new RC will work! If not then I'm stuck shipping it all in to DJI for a month turnaround. Ugh!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada