DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone User Info

Thumper

Reactions
I just got the Mavic Pro and I want to fly it indoors and the park with my son. Im not not even going to pass 80 feet. There either an airport, helipad time machine all over the **** place. I get on the DJI GO app caution in orange not the red one. Says are you permitted to fly and if you hit yes I can fly.

My question is this. Does the FAA know your flying and track you down and the park or its basically if someone sees you they can report you? Kinda stupid i cant fly a drone inside my house because i get the caution no fly zone.

Also do I need to register my drone here? https://drone-registration.net
Is it mandatory?

Thanks for the help in advanced.

indoor you are fine
if you go outside your are legally obligated to let the control towers know your are going to fly and for how ling etc.
max height is 400ft.

also within the DJI account page you can create unlock zones to fly in the area that allow you to bypass the DNF zones.

Anyone can report you- legally you cannot fly over people or within personal property etc...
if you fly at a park be careful as you typically need the parks or an officers permission if **** get fishy.. (least here in Chicago)

Anyone can report you- legally you cannot fly over people or within personal property etc...
if you fly at a park be careful as you typically need the parks or an officers permission if **** get fishy.. (least here in Chicago)

whats the point of a drone if you cant fly it anywhere?

indoor you are fine
if you go outside your are legally obligated to let the control towers know your are going to fly and for how ling etc.
max height is 400ft.

also within the DJI account page you can create unlock zones to fly in the area that allow you to bypass the DNF zones.

what do you mean unlock zones? Does that mean to alow the mavic to fly in a restricted airspace? isnt that illegal? I heard that the mavic will not turn on if you are in a restricted red color airspace. So if mine turns on does that mean its not really in a location where its restricted?

what do you mean unlock zones? Does that mean to alow the mavic to fly in a restricted airspace? isnt that illegal? I heard that the mavic will not turn on if you are in a restricted red color airspace. So if mine turns on does that mean its not really in a location where its restricted?

1. have you read the manual?
2. flying in restricted airspace is not illegal. you just need proper authorization from the control towers etc. the unlock aspect of the dji account page will allow you to fly the drone(DJI assumes you are aware of the risks of breaking any laws etc) so you can fly but know the risks. I live one mile from an airport exactly so i have to request an unlock which lasts for 3 days.

whats the point of a drone if you cant fly it anywhere?
Assuming you dont have the 107 cert
you can fly as a hobby flier while observing the laws.

follow the regulations and you can fly where you please with proper permission.
takes me ten min to get the proper ok's.
hell sometimes the control tower will tell you not to call unless you are flying above 400 feet.

call the tower to verify as they need to know.

Flying indoors before you are a competent pilot is not a good idea....those propellors can do a lot of damage! -(Particularly to human flesh!).

Flying indoors before you are a competent pilot is not a good idea....those propellors can do a lot of damage! -(Particularly to human flesh!).
can confirm. messed my hand up something fierce to prevent it form going into the wall.

small price to pay but worth saving the drone for lol

Reactions: ACR
Assuming you dont have the 107 cert
you can fly as a hobby flier while observing the laws.

follow the regulations and you can fly where you please with proper permission.
takes me ten min to get the proper ok's.
**** sometimes the control tower will tell you not to call unless you are flying above 400 feet.

call the tower to verify as they need to know.

How do i find out the control tower phone number?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots