DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone User Info

Very new guy here. I'm still in a holding pattern but I've been preparing for when I get clearance. I've been reading a lot and I joined this great forum. I also added some Apps to my phone and tablet. I want to learn as much as I can about flying drones before I get one.

There's a great App you can put on your device (mine is an Android) called B4UFLY. It is FAA based and the information is legit. From what I've seen, for the novice and expert drone pilot alike it has a great map feature. You just input your location and it will show you airports in your area with 5 mile diameter shaded circle. If your in that circle, you have to call the number provided. Simple.

There's other tools too but for now I just wanted to know if, and sure enough, 3.5 miles away is a private single plane airfield and by field I mean a field with a windsock. LOL

But when the time comes, even though I hope to never fly farther than my property extends, which is likely 3.25 miles away from that airfield, I will call.

Check out the App, I think you'll like it.
Rob

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Oh, by the way, there are some great "Indoor Flying" threads on this site. Some great vids on YouTube too. I'm talking houses, nothing else.

Definitely worth looking into before hand. Im glad I did. I'm always willing to learn.......

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Thumper, I believe you have already gone to the fas.gov site and registered your drone, correct? The other link you posted was a company that is trying to get you to purchase additional "products" you don't need. If you've registered at the faa.gov site, that's all you need to do for registration. You can carry a printed copy with you, but I also recommend taking a photograph of your registration and keeping it on your smartphone. Use the FAA website and spend some time reading the Part 107 regulations and learning as much as you can there. Forums are great but not all the information is always correct.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU