DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware is out (12-6) v1.03.0000

Silouan

Reactions
2016.12.06 v01.03.0000

What’s New?
  •  Added AR route display in TapFly mode when used with the DJI GO 4 app.
  •  Added a vibration warning for the remote controller when the aircraft enters ATTI mode. 
  • Added wind speed evaluation and a high wind speed warning.
  •  Added more film looks and color modes (when used with the DJI GO 4 app).
Improvements:
  •  Optimized the compass algorithm to reduce switching from GPS Mode to ATTI Mode.
  •  Improved magnetic detection for the remote controller. The aircraft will now return to home when
    strong magnetic interference is detected.
  •  Improved the speed at which the HD video link connection can be regained after disruption.
  •  Optimized altitude maintenance capabilities when flying over water.
  •  Optimized Gesture Mode.
  •  Improved the indoor flying experience by shortening the minimum distance from an obstacle from 3m to 1m.
  •  Optimized power management for long-term battery storage.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+Release_Notes_en_201612.pdf

Looks like another set of good improvements :)

Now that we have a much larger number of Mavics out there flying DJI are doing well with the updates since launch ...

•  Improved magnetic detection for the remote controller. The aircraft will now return to home when strong magnetic interference is detected.
Also, dont wear your Apple Watch (or any smart watch) when getting set up or doing the compass calibration.

Reactions: luisgguedes
Umhhh Improvements (1) Seems like they fixed the KILLER Bug, all else is boring, but THAT may make a lot of people happy !

Ender

Don't forget to do all calibrations after updating. Good luck to those that do not wait to see if there is any major issues.

Also the Manual has been updated to v1.2.

Last edited:
Reactions: flykona
Updating now, that was the update I've been waiting for, to address the compass issues. Hope it works!

Did the update but have not tested yet. Just an FYI that the update changes some settings. Beginner mode is turned back on and RTH altitude was reset to 30m as well as some other settings like metric and imperial. I didn't do any calibrations either. All sensors look perfect and no system warnings.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

What are AR routes?

Can it be flown without updating the firmware? Sorry today is my first flight and i have it with me at work. No way to update it

I personally do the recommended calibrations too (since I'm recommending them).

Reactions: KONY and Sparky1963
Why is everyone so eager to do calibrations. I have hundreds of hours flying drones and I have never done any calibration unless I was prompted to or flight was erratic. Check sensors regularly and stay in tune with how the drone is performing. If it was so important to calibrate after updates dji would make it mandatory after the update. They don't so get out and fly and correct any prompts before takeoff.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

How long can you put off these updates if you want to keep running the old/ current firmware?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna