DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware update-Imperial units

actually, it's v01.03.900

So .900 is working fine with .400 on Mavic and RC?
I might make the jump because of the new gimbal tracking speed control and the imperial units.

Rob

After doing the update last night I noticed at the bottom of the setting menu after the units was something called "AR...". I can't remember exactly, and I don't have the goggles here to check. But I do remember that there were 3 on/off switches for different options once in that option. Can anyone tell me what this is? And what is supposed to do?

After doing the update last night I noticed at the bottom of the setting menu after the units was something called "AR...". I can't remember exactly, and I don't have the goggles here to check. But I do remember that there were 3 on/off switches for different options once in that option. Can anyone tell me what this is? And what is supposed to do?

I was wondering the same thing. It looks like another way to do head tracking gimbal and head tracking flight but it's confusing to have this in two places. Each option is a slider that can be turned on and off. I just upgraded last night and haven't had a chance to test that much.

I updated only the goggles to firmware v01.03.0900 using DJI Assistant 2 (v1.1.2-2) and left the firmware in the Mavic at v01.03.0700.

After one flight with the goggles, I noticed the following:
Head Tracking Flight Mode: Head tracking only operative on the horizontal axis. No camera gimbal pitch changes with up/down head movement.
Head Tracking Gimbal Mode: Head tracking inoperative on both the horizontal and vertical axis. No camera gimbal movement with head movement.
(It was nice to see my distance and altitude in feet instead of meters though).

Back home, I reverted the goggles back to v01.03.0600 and then upgraded them to v01.03.0700. Now everything seems as it was before.
While I didn't test in flight yet, the head tracking is back to being operative on both the horizontal and vertical axis while in Head Tracking Gimbal Mode.
I'll check Head Tracking Flight Mode the next time I fly, but I think it will be functional as well and have no reason to suspect any problems with it.

Just curious if other have had similar issues with the Mavic firmware at v01.03.0700 and the goggles firmware at v01.03.0900.

I will say that during the update process, it's good to remove the SD card from the goggles if you have one inserted to playback files.
I had left mine inserted and doing so may have caused a glitch in the update process, (just a guess).
During the update process, my iMac was mounting and unmmounting the goggles SD card from the computer desktop several times.
Each time it unmounted, I got a minor error message asking me to properly unmount SD cards by ejecting them first.
Maybe that interrupted the update process and caused a problem.

Edit: I tried doing the update process again (Goggles from v01.03.0700 to v01.03.0900 using DJI Assistant 2 (v1.1.2-2),
leaving the firmware in the Mavic at v01.03.0700).
This time I also removed the SD card from the goggles.
Successful update to v01.03.0900 in the goggles, but as before, both Head Tracking modes are inoperative (Flight & Gimbal).
Again I downgraded to v01.03.0700, and Head Tracking is working again.

Anybody else noticed any compatibility issues?
Is this firmware combination working for anyone else?

Last edited:
I updated only the goggles to firmware v01.03.0900 using DJI Assistant 2 (v1.1.2-2) and left the firmware in the Mavic at v01.03.0700.

Head Tracking Flight Mode: Head tracking only operative on the horizontal axis. No camera gimbal pitch changes with up/down head movement.
Head Tracking Gimbal Mode: Head tracking inoperative on both the horizontal and vertical axis. No camera gimbal movement with head movement.

Back home, I reverted the goggles back to v01.03.0600 and then upgraded them to v01.03.0700. Now everything seems as it was before.
While I didn't test in flight yet, the head tracking is back to being operative on both the horizontal and vertical axis while in Head Tracking Gimbal Mode.
I'll check Head Tracking Flight Mode the next time I fly, but I think it will be functional as well and have no reason to suspect any problems with it.

Just curious if other have had similar issues with the Mavic firmware at v01.03.0700 and the goggles firmware at v01.03.0900.

I will say that during the update process, it's good to remove the SD card from the goggles if you have one inserted to playback files.
I had left mine inserted and doing so may have caused a glitch in the update process, (just a guess).
During the update process, my iMac was mounting and unmmounting the goggles SD card from the computer desktop several times.
Each time it unmounted, I got a minor error message asking me to properly unmount SD cards by ejecting them first.
Maybe that interrupted the update process and caused a problem.

Anybody else noticed any compatibility issues?
Is this firmware combination working for others?
Is this related to the toggle switches in AR... located at the bottom of the settings menu. Post #23 and 24

After the update, I've noticed a round little blue-ish circle that moves around the screen. Anyone have an idea as to what it is? Thanks

You need to scroll to the bottom in "settings" - the blue colored list. The entire list is not visible without scrolling. The units option is at the bottom.
When I scroll down to the bottom in "Settings" on the Goggles, the only choices past Format SD Card, Language and Tutorial. I've kept up to date on all the updates.

When I updated to .900 on the goggles, the Units setting was just below the Tutorials in the Settings Menu...

(I've since gone back to .700).

Although I have not test .900 yet, this is the exact same behavior you get when you have .700 on the Mavic and .800 on the Goggles. In order to get the tracking gain adjustments AND have tracking actually work, you need at least .800 on the Mavic (which I'm not gonna do...). In all of my testing with .700 on both Mavic and Goggles, everything works fine other than the tracking is way too sensitive. Both tracking modes work fine.

Although I have not test .900 yet, this is the exact same behavior you get when you have .700 on the Mavic and .800 on the Goggles. In order to get the tracking gain adjustments AND have tracking actually work, you need at least .800 on the Mavic (which I'm not gonna do...). In all of my testing with .700 on both Mavic and Goggles, everything works fine other than the tracking is way too sensitive. Both tracking modes work fine.

Yeah, that's what I've concluded. Since I'm also wary of upgrading the Mavic to .800 or .900, I'm going to have to stay with .700 on the Mavic and .700 on the Goggles as well.
I'm already getting better at math by multiplying my goggles telemetry numbers by 3.3 to get measurements in feet....

I flew .900 on the googles today... I guess I liked the imperial change (as that's about all I gain). I'm not much of a fan of the head tracking at this point, so I may stick with this combo for the time being.

You need to scroll to the bottom in "settings" - the blue colored list. The entire list is not visible without scrolling. The units option is at the bottom.

Also wanted to say thanks for this. I wasn't seeing the option after I updated the goggles and was confused.

Thanks !

Yeah, Thanks! Got all mine all set up now. I really appreciate it.

Vince

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50