DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

There is no way to go back a version on IOS, unless you make a backup of your device before you update.

I still do not know exactly what turning off the GEO feature on the app actually does. It doesn't actually allow you to fly in NFZ's.

There is no way to go back a version on IOS, unless you make a backup of your device before you update.

I still do not know exactly what turning off the GEO feature on the app actually does. It doesn't actually allow you to fly in NFZ's.

I have done a backup of my iphone through iTunes. Would a "restore" put me back to 4.0.6? I've never had to do a restore, so while I assume that it would, I'm not truly sure.

First flight after upgrading copter & controller & app to latest version; no problems to report. Fixed wing worked well, but what really surprised me was how fast it now ascends & descends! Faster then it did in sport mode.
RTH was off by 2 ft with 17 sats & precision landing; but only 1 landing so inconclusive.
No problems with hovering, very stable.
No gimbal problems.
I get the NFZ limit now till the sats appear, then all good so far.
How many satellites did you have locked in when it told you that the home point has been updated? I am finding that it updates the home point as soon as it acquires a GPS signal and then when I take off it acquires more satellites, it results in your home point being slightly off when doing a RTH command. So I take off and hover directly above the landing pad until it looks like I get full GPS lock and then resave the home point. This has worked for me and I land within 2-3" of my takeoff point every time. Sometimes, you can just let it sit on the landing pad for an extra 20 seconds or so before taking off and it will acquire more satellites and then just resave the home point before taking off.

I am flying .600 with ios 4.0.6. I haven't updated to 4.0.7 yet. As a result, I don't have access to "find my drone" or "fixed wing". I have flown with .600/4.0.6 with no problems (albeit only out once). I am concerned about updating to 4.0.7 since it may restrict my flights if near a no-fly zone.

I have 2 questions:
1) I have not updated through DJI Assistant, but have done through wifi. If I update to 4.0.7 and find problems, can I go back to 4.0.6 without using Assistant?
2) does turning OFF the geo button eliminate the checking of NFZ's?

Nor to sure about 1st question but I have Geo turned off and it just gives you a warning box.

I have done a backup of my iphone through iTunes. Would a "restore" put me back to 4.0.6? I've never had to do a restore, so while I assume that it would, I'm not truly sure.

Yes. Restoring puts you back to your last backup. Seems like a lot of trouble though. As I understand it, the app itself doesn't establish NFZs. That's done in the firmware updates that install on the mavic itself.

Going one step further I checked the version history. Last NFZ database update was done on 4.0.4.

Also, you can skip the nfz update by hitting the X when the prompt to update it appears.

Basically, the iOS app is the least of your concerns as far as NFZ is concerned.

Reactions: Rbruz
As I understand it, the app itself doesn't establish NFZs. That's done in the firmware updates that install on the mavic itself.
You're probably right, although the current app doesn't have an NFZ option appearing in the drop-down menu.

Anyone else experiencing extreme drifting (10 foot before I corrected it) and altitude loss (slowly descends until it lands) when hovering? It used to be rock solid. I have tried re-calibrating the IMU and compass and also refreshing the firmware in the assistant app.
I have noticed the same thing wants to drift more!!

I downloaded .600 and then bottled it due to all the bad reports so went back on .550......

I am still on 01.02.0900 hmmm maybe get on .400 before its gone.

How are you guys planning on staying on older firmware if you have to send the Mavic in for repair (really replacement)?

Reactions: goldpoacher
I got tired of getting the warning to upgrade with every flight so I bit the bullet today and upgraded. Upgrading went perfectly and I just completed two perfect flights. No issues at all. Hovering is rock solid and fixed wing mode is more fun than I thought it should be.

Well i went back to .400 and sat it up in a hover in the garden today and although it doesn't sit as well the gimbal is drift free....i don't get the upgrade window as i fly with non cellular ipad mini 2 with maps cached via hot spot :)

Three flights since the upgrade, and no drifting issue at all.

No issues for me so far on .600
Funny how people get problems with firmware updates.
For me it's opposite. I can now enjoy Litchi again in full and i get new functionalities.
I only got once a complain because of an upgrade but it was never to the point where i could not feel safely my drone

I don't want to stick my foot in my mouth here---And this is solely a matter of my opinion. But last night I downgraded to the .550 firmware. It seems to me that the Mavic is 100% more solid versus the 600 firmware. Again this may be all just be in my head. On the 600 firmware I lost connectivity with a short flight distance. That was the first time I had ever lost connectivity flying in the identical spot I generally fly in. When I downgraded back to the .550 I was able to fly out further then I wanted to with no issue whatsoever. The weather wind and flight path were all very very similar..maybe coincidence?? I'm not sure.. but feel more comfortable at this point. Don't mean to deter any pilots from d-loading 600, just sharing my experience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu