DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

[RANT] I haven't installed this one... still on the prior version. I did updated the app though and now I am, once again, plagued with constant app crashes and disconnects. I swear who ever is in charge of firmware/software at DJI should immediately be fired and replaced. I just don't understand how DJI can allow their updates to constantly be steps backward. I boggles my mind. I realize DJI is killing it in the drone market, but sign me up for a competitor that actually knows who manage firmware/software properly and I'll immediately jump ship. This is totally unacceptable. [/RANT]

[RANT] I haven't installed this one... still on the prior version. I did updated the app though and now I am, once again, plagued with constant app crashes and disconnects. I swear who ever is in charge of firmware/software at DJI should immediately be fired and replaced. I just don't understand how DJI can allow their updates to constantly be steps backward. I boggles my mind. I realize DJI is killing it in the drone market, but sign me up for a competitor that actually knows who manage firmware/software properly and I'll immediately jump ship. This is totally unacceptable. [/RANT]
I'm a software guy and have been writing software for over 20 years. Everyone in my industry understands the concept of unit testing, system testing and regression testing. You can't hire a new software engineer without them already understanding how important testing (and all of its phases) are to the entire software development life cycle. There are many methodologies one can use for development and testing, but they all have one thing in common - it drastically slows down the development process. This is just my humble opinion, but I'm guessing it was a conscience decision to forego standard regression testing to speed up delivery.

The Mavic is a great machine and my hat is off to all the devs, testers and project managers that made this what it is today. It's impossible to write software with any complexity without introducing bugs along the way, but with a good test plan, and user acceptance testing, you should be able to find the show-stoppers well before the release date. Just my $0.02

Upgrade went through easily and after several flights I can't find any faults in the new firmware yet. All is good.
same for me no surprise in the new firmware with iPhone 7+
(I suggest people who encounter troubles to post the device used also to find if there is commun troubles with comon devices perhaps)

Reactions: jcpkkmw
my hat is off to all the devs, testers and project managers that made this what it is today.

I agree - it's a pretty remarkable piece of technology but I also agree that the woeful state of the firmware updates and general disdain for customers from DJI is deliberate - of course when you really have no competitors and the money is rolling in so fast you can't find enough places to stack it you can afford to keep pumping out crap. The sooner DJI gets knocked off their dominant position in the market the better for users.

Running on iPhone 7+.
Those of you on 0600. I noticed Gimbal takes a few seconds 8-10 seconds to level horizon out after gimbal does its test when you power on the Mavic.

My question is....

1) Is this just a new initiation process it does?

2) Does this 8-10 sec leveling take place also while airborne when making quick turns that may cause horizon to not be leveled?

I've been in a couple other threads of people stating this delay for horizon to level. Check to see if those of you on 0600 are seeing the same and if this has also been an issue while recording in the air where horizon is having to level out for a few seconds.

NOTE: I'm not referring to Fixed Wing mode.

Mike

How many satellites did you have locked in when it told you that the home point has been updated? I am finding that it updates the home point as soon as it acquires a GPS signal and then when I take off it acquires more satellites, it results in your home point being slightly off when doing a RTH command. So I take off and hover directly above the landing pad until it looks like I get full GPS lock and then resave the home point. This has worked for me and I land within 2-3" of my takeoff point every time. Sometimes, you can just let it sit on the landing pad for an extra 20 seconds or so before taking off and it will acquire more satellites and then just resave the home point before taking off.

Thanks, I'll try updating home point after 17 sats acquired from now on!

Reactions: dekip
With all the stories of updating problems, I was afraid to fly last night. I updated on Monday without a hitch. Flew multiple sorties last night without problems. Knock on wood! Using an iPhone 7+.

Flew out to almost 12,000 feet today. No signal issues (5 bars on control side and 4 on video feed) but the live video did have some kinda stutter/skipping issue in the first 1,000 feet. Gimbal was also twitchy. It actually "twitched" down a few degrees during flight.

Ran out of batter and sunlight but I'm gonna downgrade to .550 and try it again tomorrow.

If you downgrade what if anything do you lose (pictures , flight log ,anything)

Yes and 4.0.7 was released yesterday for Android. Just adds support for P4 Advanced. Of course who knows what really changed?

Reactions: AyeYo
Anyone else getting app disconnects on latest firmware with iPhone ? RC stays connected. I kill the app mid flight and reopen it and gets connected again.

I got my mavic last nov and have only updated it twice the first time because i kept losing gps then i did it again because it was drifting to the right the problems were all sorted then so i have never updated it since and never will it flies great with no problems at all i did the same with my p3p it still flies great and never have a problem with it :)

Reactions: Rbruz
Anyone else getting app disconnects on latest firmware with iPhone ? RC stays connected. I kill the app mid flight and reopen it and gets connected again.

I always had disconnecting problems since I bought my Mavic. After few days I sent it back for repairing. Guess what: it come worse than ever. Besides desconecting the gimbal now goes crazy all the time. A new drone...these guys at DJI really ignore what industrial quality control means!

Yuneec

I got my mavic last nov and have only updated it twice the first time because i kept losing gps then i did it again because it was drifting to the right the problems were all sorted then so i have never updated it since and never will it flies great with no problems at all i did the same with my p3p it still flies great and never have a problem with it :)

This. I've updated my Mavic once (I think to .400), Go4 never (on 4.0.2 Android), and my P4P never. No disconnects or issues. If something is working, leave it alone. Experienced DJI owners know that doing updates for the sake of updates is the quickest way to make your toys unusable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme