DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware . . . v01.03.0800

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not good, I rarely use my app when flying, I cannot ever see the screen anyway even with a shade. I just fly manually in sports mode. maybe time to sell the Mavic for a less restricted flying.

Is there any way round the 30m x 50m restriction when used without the app?

I don't think that is so, it's just stating 'connected' to Go43 physically via a cable? Logged in...you are always logged in - not something that requires a constant connection? Pretty wishy-washy terms, I just wish they would stop with this rubbish and FIRST fix the android issues for the majority of their customers.

It doesn't say you have to be connected to the internet, it just says you need the app connected. I use mine all the time with my phone in Airplane mode because I don't want something trying to download, or email coming in or a phone call while I am trying to fly. I have not had an issue yet. I think all it means is you just can't fly with the remote only.

Not true.
Initial update requires login with internet access.
Then if you haven't logged out you can fly as normal.
There is no need for internet/ cell coverage.
All they require is that initial login to accept terms of service same as you did when you first activated the new Drone.
Too much misinformation around.

I'm on android, never a problem. Running 4.1.0 app, and. 700 firmware.

If we have to flyavic with a web connection from now on I'm selling this thing.

And I guess a typhoon H it is

Just wondering if you still will be able to downgrade to lower firmware like 0.400 after this update, I still believe the 0.400 has no "self expire" code if anything like it exist at all!

Reactions: Otis
Problem in downgrading is Goggles support. I really hope the line in the release notes is misworded. I will wait till someone test the scenario I posted, no connection no app phone or tablet connected. Controller only before I "Downgrade".

Gimbal control in fixed wing mode will be a nice addition.

Reactions: LongRifle
I'm not sure if you're missing the point here.. Firmware and Android App are two cups of tea ;)

Totally get that, they are 2 diff entity w/c are independent to each other.
You can be on the oldest App and the latest FW, not sure about reverse.

Is it still posible to use the Mavic in Sweden after the latest updates?

This is the screen shot. Read carefully.
My interpretation is after update you need to log in again, if you don't you are restricted until you do that initial login.
If not agreeing with this you have option of staying on older firmware.
IMG_0138.PNG

Problem in downgrading is Goggles support. I really hope the line in the release notes is misworded. I will wait till someone test the scenario I posted, no connection no app phone or tablet connected. Controller only before I "Downgrade".

Based on emails I've received, the restrictions apply in China, not elsewhere.

As ever we will see soon enough I'm sure, but I'm not expecting this to be a problem outside of China.

Elsewhere, the most you'll have to do is log in once after the update, but probably not even that.

Disappointed with absence of Spark modes( Waited for them to be added so hard!
Should we hope for .900 to include them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair