DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new firmware

The last step in the update process seems to be rebooting the remote controller. This will interrupt the USB connection to the GO app. Sometimes the GO app will not detect the reconnection after the remote is up again, so it stays at displaying 100% and does not say finished. Closing and restarting the GO app should do the job.

hi gerds, when I would restart the app it would show update downloaded but the blue button to install would not let me click on it, dead button everytime, I uninstalled the app a few times and never worked. I tried dji assistant and it said it was complete and whatnot but when I plugged the ipad back in it would keep telling me about the new firmware. used my android phone and did everything in 20 minutes. weird.

Another app disconnect today, was able to restart app, remove cable from side and reconnected. Controller stayed connected throughout.

This time, the app video connection cut out first, and it asked me to RTH, but by then the app was disconnected.

Reactions: wayneiak
FOUND A FIX!
After a bit more digging, found a post from @BD0G with a fix for the Air Encoder Error message. The problem relates to the Micro SD card. Details here, in case anyone else has this problem:
Air Encoder Error (0x800020) - Possible Fix
Same for me. I got this error only when I used an sd card I already had lying around. Haven't used that sd card since and no error anymore.

Updated the firmware and did a couple flights today. My RTH accuracy has returned, which is a good thing, however...

...I got my first gimbal flip out mid-flight today. I don't know what happened. I'm not sure if the gimbal reset, or a bird hit it, but I was looking at my screen and all of a sudden I'm seeing props, ground, water, and nothing I expected to be pointing at. It seemed to last for 5 seconds but was probably shorter. After that, everything was normal. Brought it home and landed. Did one more flight after with no issues. It was a little sketchy. I unfortunately was not recording at the time (was in the middle of taking stills) so couldn't go back and review it.

Updated the firmware and did a couple flights today. My RTH accuracy has returned, which is a good thing, however...

...I got my first gimbal flip out mid-flight today. I don't know what happened. I'm not sure if the gimbal reset, or a bird hit it, but I was looking at my screen and all of a sudden I'm seeing props, ground, water, and nothing I expected to be pointing at. It seemed to last for 5 seconds but was probably shorter. After that, everything was normal. Brought it home and landed. Did one more flight after with no issues. It was a little sketchy. I unfortunately was not recording at the time (was in the middle of taking stills) so couldn't go back and review it.

I can help you figure some of this out. I would need to analyze the TXT flight log data after I run it through a version converter. Use the following instructions if your device is android.

1)Connect PC to the device used to host DJI GO4 app
2)Power up device - enter USB control area - Select "USB for file transfer"
3)Select following directories - Internal Storage/DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord
4)Search for desired .txt file similar to - DJIFlightRecord_2017-04-09_[14-41-37].txt
5)Save .txt file to directory on PC in Your favorite location
6)Attach the .txt file to a post in this thread.

Hi everyone, I updated it yesterday and did a flight. Coincidence or nor, I experienced some stuttering with the video feed on DJI Go 4. Does anyone else felt this too?

Yeah,I tried mine indoors as well before going outside and mine was rock solid too.
Hovering inside is different from hovering outside if you lose the satellites inside. Hovering inside it should be using the VP sensors instead of satellite. And hovering close to the ground outside uses both Satellite and VPS from what I know. Of course I have been known to be wrong.

Hi all!
I saw a lot of of crappy software and all in my last 30 years of computing.
But it was a very long time I didn't see something as crappy (and I'm trying to stay polite here) as this firmware update .550 I must say.
It's maybe 15 times I try to reconnect and redownload this upgrade and each time, after few seconds, it quits (or crashes DJI GO4) telling me that there was a deconexion from the (DJI) servors, I have to reboot the Mavic, the RC and eventually (I'm guessing here) the Shield K1 I'm using.
So, now, after 17% of the upgrade somewhere in the Mavic (I guess?) I'm just abandonning the whole process, I lost 2 days hitting my head trying to understand why this f*cking app won't stay connected and do its job.

Am I the only one in that case?

Hi all!
I saw a lot of of crappy software and all in my last 30 years of computing.
But it was a very long time I didn't see something as crappy (and I'm trying to stay polite here) as this firmware update .550 I must say.
It's maybe 15 times I try to reconnect and redownload this upgrade and each time, after few seconds, it quits (or crashes DJI GO4) telling me that there was a deconexion from the (DJI) servors, I have to reboot the Mavic, the RC and eventually (I'm guessing here) the Shield K1 I'm using.
So, now, after 17% of the upgrade somewhere in the Mavic (I guess?) I'm just abandonning the whole process, I lost 2 days hitting my head trying to understand why this f*cking app won't stay connected and do its job.

Am I the only one in that case?

Try using your computer to update the firmware...

Get the DJI assistant 2 from the website and update from there..
I find updating through the computer faster and as of yet after two updates, hassle and problem free... A straight shot to the 100% mark.

good luck

Try using your computer to update the firmware...

Get the DJI assistant 2 from the website and update from there..
I find updating through the computer faster and as of yet after two updates, hassle and problem free... A straight shot to the 100% mark.

good luck

Thanks for your anwser Cerberus. I'll try that then.
Although I see no reason at why it should work better through the computer which is on the same network...
I already ugraded 2 firmwares, previously, with no problem, via my Shield...

Reactions: Cerberus
Hi everyone, I updated it yesterday and did a flight. Coincidence or nor, I experienced some stuttering with the video feed on DJI Go 4. Does anyone else felt this too?

Yes , i had the same issue , video feed lag and app crash. I am on a s7 edge and Android Nugat. I downgraded to FW .0400.

Although I see no reason at why it should work better through the computer which is on the same network...

I hear ya...

I did my first firmware update (.400 to .500) using my phone and it took a long time... there was also a part during that stage where it stayed at a percentage without moving for quite a while... I was impatient and was wondering whether the update had hung or just taking its bloody sweet time...

so after that I tried the DJI assistant 2 and it works faster for me... better for my nerves too.. haha..

Anyway, Glad I can help... Good luck in your update..

If your using your mobile device over wifi, and you're connecting to your router on the 2.4GHz band, that can interfere with the controller's connection to the Mavic. If you have the option of switching to a 5GHz wifi band, do that and the interference problem will go away. Or alternately turn off wifi and download the update via LTE.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair