DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware.

Are you should you had it in sports mode? i made the mistake of not enabling both modes in the settings, the update reset it.

I got 42mph on one of the sports mode flights no problem

That was it.. had the switch in sports mode but forgot to re-enable it in the app after the update. Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Loz
Just so you know, and before things get twisted after reading your response,.....nobody that I have seen in this thread has made any mention of NOT updating. I personally have said it would be better to take the wait and see approach.
Dude... Did you read my post? I was agreeing with your wait and see approach. That's why I'm still on Go 3.1.1 and have not upgraded the last 2 firmware updates. I haven't had any problems to warrant upgrading. I was mostly responding to "Loz" and "Anthony" (see below) who apparently don't agree with a wait and see approach.
Ok that's your choice, I disagree - again why wait 10-14 days? So other test subjects can lose their MP and find out the issues for you?
The sooner we update the wider the testing pool and the better the feedback which results in faster fixes IMO so i will ALWAYS take new public firmware release.

Reactions: Loz
Well I hope DJI have made vast improvements with the Mavic FW department...
Oh, they have!IMG_0026.JPG

By not supporting previous models, they have much more time for Mavic updates.;) And, as a bonus for battery sales, we get to cycle them for each update, and recheck our settings that might have changed with the new firmware.

If everything is working, it's a good idea to not update right away. I remember the update FlyNfrank was referring to on P3. Firmware 1.5 caused a lot of birds to suddenly stop midair. DJI did have another update that 'fixed' the problem which they created.:eek:

Well I hope DJI have made vast improvements with the Mavic FW department...

Considering the Mavic was pushed into production to get to the market before Gopros aircraft, it's amazing how well the Mavic actually is at this stage.

Reactions: MarkEt and Fplvert
Dude... Did you read my post? I was agreeing with your wait and see approach. That's why I'm still on Go 3.1.1 and have not upgraded the last 2 firmware updates. I haven't had any problems to warrant upgrading. I was mostly responding to "Loz" and "Anthony" (see below) who apparently don't agree with a wait and see approach.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Installed update. Solid as a rock inside house with 11 satellites

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 96
I wouldn't say great hardware about Apple. I've had so many issues with their stuff over the years.. most of the time the software was ok (enough) and the hardware was the problem. Went through about 8 iPhone 6's... 2-3 logic boards on my MacBook Pro, many hours on the phone with tech support getting exchanges done...

iPhone 6S

Reactions: NickRno77
I wouldn't say great hardware about Apple. I've had so many issues with their stuff over the years.. most of the time the software was ok (enough) and the hardware was the problem. Went through about 8 iPhone 6's... 2-3 logic boards on my MacBook Pro, many hours on the phone with tech support getting exchanges done...

iPhone 6S
wow? bad luck? In my family of 4 over the years, we've had 9 iphones, 3 ipads, and 3 ipods. Never had a problem with any of them. I don't usually consider myself to have above average luck and I've had plenty of problems with my Microsoft/windows based products. Never any problem with apple products. Who knows...

Oh, they have!View attachment 3173

By not supporting previous models, they have much more time for Mavic updates.;) And, as a bonus for battery sales, we get to cycle them for each update, and recheck our settings that might have changed with the new firmware.

If everything is working, it's a good idea to not update right away. I remember the update FlyNfrank was referring to on P3. Firmware 1.5 caused a lot of birds to suddenly stop midair. DJI did have another update that 'fixed' the problem which they created.:eek:
What previous models do they not support? Phantom 1/2?

mine exactly the same, how long did you leave it before you pulled the plug. and did you need to do the drone and the controller or just the drone?

Just rebooted and now upgraded all fine on 2nd Attempt!

Mine stuck at 73% updating the Quad only using DJI Assistant 2. Successfully updated on the second attempt after power cycling. No issues updating the RC or the batteries.

After done update or completed. I have issue on "Vision Sensors" Calibration it always failed. Anyone have same issue
And have fix please. Thanks.

I had a little problem yesterday. First flight took off to about 4 feet moved it closer to me to test test forward sensors. They didn't activate any warnings, just kept getting closer and closer. I aborted when it was within about 2 feet.

Turned the controller off and on all ok so be careful !

Also some of my settings randomly go back to defaults in DJI Go 4 and Litchi.

Litchi didn't Autofocus which is a pain.

From now on I'll check all settings and check sensors are working pre flight .

I updated yesterday.

No hiccups what-so-ever (I upgrade with DJI Assistant, from my desktop).

Flew for about 1 hour, everything A-Ok.

I have a folder in my computer with DJI Go 4 screen shots of every single interface page, so I can be sure I can bring the settings back to what they were after each upgrade.

MK

Reactions: Dougie
Anyone have an issue with the battery when updating? My update and the battery seemed to get stuck. Started it again from scratch and worked on 2nd attempt... just in case anyone has the same issue.

After updating, I had that violent shudder during take off. Figured it was the propeller cage enabled in DJI 4 and all is sorted now.

Reactions: fakbik
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest