DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New from New Zealand...

blacksheep

Reactions
Hi all

New Mavic owner here from Waikato, New Zealand. I've been waiting since before Christmas for my Mavic, it just arrived yesterday. I spent the time I had to wait by reading up on the NZ rules, onerous as they are, and watching beginners videos on Youtube and I've been playing on the simulator since it arrived. I have a PPL so I already know the local airspace fairly well. Sunny day tomorrow, big wide park nearby, here we go...

I'm a motorcyclist and motovlogger which is why I got the Mavic because portability is paramount, hope to take it on my travels and use it to enhance my youtube videos...

Thought I better check in here..

Cheers

Chris in NZ

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Chris .:)

Hi Chris. Really beautiful country you live in. I travveled for 3 weeks over the north island last February and would love to do it again now with my mavic.....

Reactions: Chorusbluck
Hi Chris. Really beautiful country you live in. I travveled for 3 weeks over the north island last February and would love to do it again now with my mavic.....

Yes I have travelled a bit around the country but now I'm going to have to go around again, the drone gives you a new perspective.. Need to buy lots of batteries first!!

....and lots of SD-Cards ;).....if you put your videos on youtube, I will have a look

I've been playing on the simulator since it arrived
I'm still waiting for mine and researching a ton, but flight sim somehow I missed. Only thing I found is DJI GO sim that requires connection to actual RC.
What were you using? Something dedicated to Mavic or just general drone simulator? Can you share what it was?

I'm still waiting for mine and researching a ton, but flight sim somehow I missed. Only thing I found is DJI GO sim that requires connection to actual RC.
What were you using? Something dedicated to Mavic or just general drone simulator? Can you share what it was?

Yes you need the Mavic first. It's in the dji app under Flight Academy I think.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome Chris to the forum. You will have to show us some of the beautiful video footage of NZ.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121