DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Ipad pro 2 10.5

isaacmacryan

Reactions
Looking for some opinions of the new ipad pro 2 10.5 being the ideal tool for editing 4k and photos while also being a possible monitor for mavic? Would this be the perfect companion for the mavic or is it not worth the money? I seem to see from the the screen resolution that viewing 4k on it won't be possible still although editing would be easy for it.... really can't deceided what to buy for my mavic and the ipad mini 4 still seems the best option... anyway would love to hear some opinions on that.. thanks [emoji4]

I didn't know that... another great feature if it's true.. yeah the 500gb model with cellular is £1000... not cheap but if it's the ultimate mavic companion I'd be tempted... :)

Yeah i think you can get a Sd card to lighting adapter from Apple website for £25 ... so that should be easy. :)

Yes, you can. And potentially with the new file explorer in iOS 11 this will make file management much easier.

To be honest, the thought crossed my mind also.

Reactions: isaacmacryan
Yeah the mini would be better for size I guess but it's a trade off really for travelling and being able to do everything needed with 1 device ...

I went with the ipad pro 10.5" after app crashes that messed up flight log, RTH, and landing control somehow on my Samsung s7 Active.

So far it is working great and no it is not bright enough in sun light. I can see it but I can't really enjoy the display without a sunshade. No clue what sunshade works on the ipad pro 10.5". Trying to figure that out now.

I decided to get it because the ipad mini 4 has a dated processor and is no comparison to the new ipad pro 10.5 or 12.9 cpu which is as fast as a desktop just about. The $180 increase in price for cellular made me realize there was no value in the mini unless I could find one used which I couldn't at the time.

The apple pencil is a nice feature, the 4k video is nice to have since it is beautiful and the future. If the gopro isn't handy I can now capture video on the ipad in a pinch.

I haven't done any editing on it yet, been too busy drawing with the pencil lol. I have no clue if it will do heavy color correction but it definitely can do more than a mini by miles. Again, not sure if it changes editing capabilities versus the mini yet as I have no experience. My best guess is I still need my 1080 titan if I want to do heavy color changes... but I never have used a CPU intensive software, only ones that rely on graphics cards.

In short, if you want an ipad get the pro 10.5 or 12.9. If you want a monitor get a used ipad 4 mini because paying $180 for cellular on top of buying a dated CPU has little value.

The ipad pro has 256gb for only $100 over base 64GB as well. Nice value there relative to what apple normally charges for storage.

It is expensive, but it also replaces your surface or work laptop (unless you're running a 1080 hooked up to an alienware w/a 980m lol... I still use my laptop obviously)

Last edited:
I use my iPad 10.5 as flight monitor and to edit photos and video. Use a sd to lightning connector apple brand to download. Works great for both, add some cloud storage for more room. .99 cents for 50 GB

I used a Mini 4 for most of my Mavic flying but recently downsized to an IPhone 8+. Despite my aging eyes I prefer the smaller size device.

I have an IPad Pro 10.5 (WiFi,256gb) as my new “partial” laptop replacement. No desire to use it as a Mavic controller, but I have a copy of Luma Fusion on it for video editing and I really like it so far. I can dump my Mavic micro sd vids directly onto the IPad with a lightning adapter. Nice to be able to do a reasonably high level edit in the field without lugging a laptop around. Fits the Mavic theme

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ