DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New laptop

philh24

Reactions
Time to replace my laptop windows 98 is a bit out of date now. I am looking at the Apple Mac Pro. It looks like it comes with iMovie and various other apps that should work with the mavic. Is this a good choice?I can find good reviews for it as a laptop but very little mention of it on here.
The spec I was looking at is 2.6GHz,16gGB memory,256GB SSD,with a Radeon pro 450 with 2GB memory.
It won't be being used in a professional capacity really and I don't think I will ever edit 4K movies but if it's capable of doing it you never no.Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I just got the Macbook air @ $700 from best buy ! Perfect for editing Mavic videos. I have just the standard 128ssd drive witch is not a lot !
but i have external usb drive .
But if u have the money the pro has retina display and its a lot better looking display. Spend more you get the touch bar .

Windows 98 [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50][emoji50] / MacBook Pros or MacBooks are probably the easiest to put together video footage on. The one your looking at with the dedicated Graphics card isn't really needed.

I have a 2015 MacBook Pro completely spec'Ed out. Will never use it and I paid for it lol.

Although that's a great setup. I'd get a MacBook Pro 2015-2016 with an i7 and 16GB of ram. That's just me. I wouldn't worry to much about the dedicated graphics card. It helps but won't be needed. The integrated is more than enough Iris Pro.

I know Apple still sells 2015s and you can find them online. The nice thing there is the ports and a lower price tag. Your going to need to buy a MicroSD reader or USB C Hub for that 2016.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada