DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Leaf protection plan through Adorama

crazyrider

Reactions
I bought my Fly more package through Adorama and it should be delivered tomorrow (keeping fingers crossed)
Now, before I purchased the drone, I also purchased their VIP360 warranty plan which is $49 a year and covers accidental damage and spills. Since the mavic is a drone, I wanted to be sure about this and called them and they did confirm that warranty will cover the drone upto the purchase price of the product for an entire year. Seems like pretty good deal to me and I don't think I will need the DJI refresh thing. Anything I am missing out on or does anyone have experience with New Leaf warranties? Your feedback is welcome :)

oh snap! I ordered on Adorama too! What day did you order?

Also - Did you buy the VIP360 after you ordered the drone? Did you confirm that it would still be covered even though the order date of the VIP360 was after the order date of drone?

oh snap! I ordered on Adorama too! What day did you order?

Also - Did you buy the VIP360 after you ordered the drone? Did you confirm that it would still be covered even though the order date of the VIP360 was after the order date of drone?
I ordered on September 27th but I didn't sign up for VIP360 before placing my order for the drone. Here's what happened:
Adorama cancelled my drone order, i signed up for VIP360, I put in another order for the drone and then they re-instated me back in the line. There's a little story but I will skip the details for now.
Long story short, you need to be signed up under VIP360 before placing any order. Get in touch with Helen who has posted above and see if she can help.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
OK I just emailed Helen. Hope to not have to lose my place in line (As i ordered on 10/3). Thanks for the head's up.

I tried using the live chat feature... person on the other end said i would be covered, but she did not seem like she knew exactly what was going on. I had to explain the situation several times before she got it, so naturally i've been skeptical. Hopefully Helen will clear things up.

Reactions: HelenOster
To clarify; the VIP360 was a marketing team initiative, in conjunction with New Leaf. Normal procedure when purchasing items is that units need to be purchased at the same time as the applicable warranty - for obvious reasons.
But being as the marketing people are removed from the ordering and fulfilment process, they have/had limited understanding of the implications of a heavily back-ordered item.......so they didn't make it clear in the T&Cs.

Now, everyone should be on the same page:

New Leaf does not consider an item purchased until there is a cash transaction from the customer to Adorama and an invoice from Adorama to the customer. If a customer pre-orders an item from Adorama, and does not pay for the item, then elects to purchase VIP, then the pre-order arrives at Adorama and paid by your customer and shipped, the item is covered under the VIP 360 program. – See example below:

Preorder – Item 11/01/16

Purchase VIP 11/05/16

Preorder is shipped & invoiced, credit card charged 11/10/16

Item covered under VIP

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Preorder – Item 11/01/16

Preorder is shipped & invoiced, credit card charged 11/05/16

Purchase VIP 11/10/16

Item not covered under VIP

Best wishes

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
[email protected]

To clarify; the VIP360 was a marketing team initiative, in conjunction with New Leaf. Normal procedure when purchasing items is that units need to be purchased at the same time as the applicable warranty - for obvious reasons.
But being as the marketing people are removed from the ordering and fulfilment process, they have/had limited understanding of the implications of a heavily back-ordered item.......so they didn't make it clear in the T&Cs.

Now, everyone should be on the same page:

New Leaf does not consider an item purchased until there is a cash transaction from the customer to Adorama and an invoice from Adorama to the customer. If a customer pre-orders an item from Adorama, and does not pay for the item, then elects to purchase VIP, then the pre-order arrives at Adorama and paid by your customer and shipped, the item is covered under the VIP 360 program. – See example below:

Preorder – Item 11/01/16

Purchase VIP 11/05/16

Preorder is shipped & invoiced, credit card charged 11/10/16

Item covered under VIP

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Preorder – Item 11/01/16

Preorder is shipped & invoiced, credit card charged 11/05/16

Purchase VIP 11/10/16

Item not covered under VIP

Best wishes

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
[email protected]

So I guess the CS was not sure of the process since I was asked to cancel my order, buy VIP360 and then place a new order to ensure coverage. I had already pre-ordered, and was not charged since the order was pending.

So I guess the CS was not sure of the process since I was asked to cancel my order, buy VIP360 and then place a new order to ensure coverage. I had already pre-ordered, and was not charged since the order was pending.

Correct; because the Marketing Department communicated the information incorrectly to CS.

I have dealt with Adorama and NEW LEAF and I do NOT recommend using them for extended Warranty service. They basically try to wear you out when you make a claim! It took me 4 months to get them to honor a claim on a SONY Camcorder I bought through Adorama. I called Adorama to complain about their choice of 3rd party maintenance and while their intentions were good to back me up on my claim they were truly no help. I was left to deal with NEW LEAF on my own in the end run. If you want more details I can provide them but wanted to make this brief. BEWARE OF NEW LEAF !

I have dealt with Adorama and NEW LEAF and I do NOT recommend using them for extended Warranty service. They basically try to wear you out when you make a claim! It took me 4 months to get them to honor a claim on a SONY Camcorder I bought through Adorama. I called Adorama to complain about their choice of 3rd party maintenance and while their intentions were good to back me up on my claim they were truly no help. I was left to deal with NEW LEAF on my own in the end run. If you want more details I can provide them but wanted to make this brief. BEWARE OF NEW LEAF !
Please can you provide the details to me: [email protected] so I can look into this.
Thank you

I sent Helen from Adorama the documented 4 month mess of deaing with NEW LEAF. I did this so none of you should ever have to endure what we went through trying to get our New Leaf covered product purchased from Adorama serviced. In my mind these guys do not have there act together. There employees constantly contradict each other on policies. Buy your products from Adorama but DO NOT buy extended warrantees from New Leaf. They need to turn over a new leaf in their business practices.

Last edited:
HTRABIN's issues aside, thank you so much Helen for helping clarify everything for me and for being a service champion for your company on this site.

Cheers!

Todd

Last edited:
I sent Helen from Adorama the documented 4 month mess of deaing with NEW LEAF. I did this so none of you should ever have to endure what we went through trying to get our New Leaf covered product purchased from Adorama serviced. In my mind these guys are crooked as can be. By your products from Adorama but DO NOT buy extended warrantees from New Leaf. They need to turn over a new leaf in their business practices.

Thank you, Harry; I have all the info. Hope to get a response for you by close of business on Tuesday

I sent Helen from Adorama the documented 4 month mess of deaing with NEW LEAF. I did this so none of you should ever have to endure what we went through trying to get our New Leaf covered product purchased from Adorama serviced. In my mind these guys do not have there act together. There employees constantly contradict each other on policies. Buy your products from Adorama but DO NOT buy extended warrantees from New Leaf. They need to turn over a new leaf in their business practices.
So here's an update Sean Hicks the CEO from New Leaf contacted me after they reviewed the scores of documentation an eMails I sent to Helen. I believe they learned a valuable lesson and hopefully they have improved. I know this, the CEO took the time to listen and evaluate so that's a good indication that change for the better is taking place there. They even reimbursed us for all the back and forth shipping expenses we incurred and no questions asked! So that is a positive step in the right direction . I guess New leaf has turned over a new leaf, pun intended.

So here's an update Sean Hicks the CEO from New Leaf contacted me after they reviewed the scores of documentation an eMails I sent to Helen. I believe they learned a valuable lesson and hopefully they have improved. I know this, the CEO took the time to listen and evaluate so that's a good indication that change for the better is taking place there. They even reimbursed us for all the back and forth shipping expenses we incurred and no questions asked! So that is a positive step in the right direction . I guess New leaf has turned over a new leaf, pun intended.

Thank you for updating the forum, Harry. It is very much appreciated.

Yesterday I was flying my DJI Phantom 4 for a real estate photo shoot (I realize this is a Mavic forum; I also own a Mavic, but this is regarding Adorama's New Leaf warranty coverage). This was a canal property, so of necessity I had to fly the drone somewhat close to water. When I attempted to bring the drone home, it proceeded to dive straight into the canal, aided by wind.

As an Adorama VIP360 member, aware of the "drops and spills" coverage, I contacted Adorama/New Leaf today. The person I spoke to initially stated that because it was likely a product defect, I'd have to contact DJI. When I advised her that I couldn't prove it was a product defect, she went on to state that nothing that falls into water is insured by the VIP360 "drops and spills" coverage.

I cautioned her that there is a potential deceptive trade practices issue here with the use of the term "drops and spills", accompanied by the absence of specific language regarding no coverage of anything that falls into water. She even said you're not supposed to use the drove over water. I asked her where specifically this is stated, and she referred to the ambiguous wording contained in the New Leaf Terms & Conditions, and the clause that refers to natural disasters, leading the reader to conclude that something in a flood wouldn't be covered, but dropped or falling into water might be. Nowhere there does it state that something falling into water isn't covered, nor does any of the wording prohibit flying drones over water.

My sense is that the folks at New Leaf do not wish to stand behind this coverage. This is a heads up to other drone pilots and buyers hoping to depend on the Adorama VIP360 program. I will contact Helen at Adorama for help - she seems to be the one ray of hope I have!

Yesterday I was flying my DJI Phantom 4 for a real estate photo shoot (I realize this is a Mavic forum; I also own a Mavic, but this is regarding Adorama's New Leaf warranty coverage). This was a canal property, so of necessity I had to fly the drone somewhat close to water. When I attempted to bring the drone home, it proceeded to dive straight into the canal, aided by wind.

As an Adorama VIP360 member, aware of the "drops and spills" coverage, I contacted Adorama/New Leaf today. The person I spoke to initially stated that because it was likely a product defect, I'd have to contact DJI. When I advised her that I couldn't prove it was a product defect, she went on to state that nothing that falls into water is insured by the VIP360 "drops and spills" coverage.

I cautioned her that there is a potential deceptive trade practices issue here with the use of the term "drops and spills", accompanied by the absence of specific language regarding no coverage of anything that falls into water. She even said you're not supposed to use the drove over water. I asked her where specifically this is stated, and she referred to the ambiguous wording contained in the New Leaf Terms & Conditions, and the clause that refers to natural disasters, leading the reader to conclude that something in a flood wouldn't be covered, but dropped or falling into water might be. Nowhere there does it state that something falling into water isn't covered, nor does any of the wording prohibit flying drones over water.

My sense is that the folks at New Leaf do not wish to stand behind this coverage. This is a heads up to other drone pilots and buyers hoping to depend on the Adorama VIP360 program. I will contact Helen at Adorama for help - she seems to be the one ray of hope I have!
Got your email, Cissy - am on it!

Boy, am I impressed - I've not only already heard from Helen, but from New Leaf as well. If these two can assist me in a manner that is fair and reasonable - nothing more and nothing less - then I will be more than happy. I deeply appreciate their support and would like others to know about this positive turn.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143