New Leaf protection plan through Adorama

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by crazyrider, Nov 7, 2016.

1. crazyrider

crazyrider Active Member

I bought my Fly more package through Adorama and it should be delivered tomorrow (keeping fingers crossed)
    Now, before I purchased the drone, I also purchased their VIP360 warranty plan which is $49 a year and covers accidental damage and spills. Since the mavic is a drone, I wanted to be sure about this and called them and they did confirm that warranty will cover the drone upto the purchase price of the product for an entire year. Seems like pretty good deal to me and I don't think I will need the DJI refresh thing. Anything I am missing out on or does anyone have experience with New Leaf warranties? Your feedback is welcome :)

2. HelenOster

HelenOster Member

In case you need any after-sales support with either the drone or the warranty at any time, as you know I'm here to help, so do hold onto my contact details: Helen@adorama.com

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

crazyrider likes this.
  3. crazyrider

crazyrider Active Member

Thanks Helen! Now I know I can count on you :)

HelenOster likes this.
  4. Todd Reimer

Todd Reimer Active Member

oh snap! I ordered on Adorama too! What day did you order?

Also - Did you buy the VIP360 after you ordered the drone? Did you confirm that it would still be covered even though the order date of the VIP360 was after the order date of drone?

5. crazyrider

crazyrider Active Member

I ordered on September 27th but I didn't sign up for VIP360 before placing my order for the drone. Here's what happened:
    Adorama cancelled my drone order, i signed up for VIP360, I put in another order for the drone and then they re-instated me back in the line. There's a little story but I will skip the details for now.
    Long story short, you need to be signed up under VIP360 before placing any order. Get in touch with Helen who has posted above and see if she can help.

6. Todd Reimer

OK I just emailed Helen. Hope to not have to lose my place in line (As i ordered on 10/3). Thanks for the head's up.

I tried using the live chat feature... person on the other end said i would be covered, but she did not seem like she knew exactly what was going on. I had to explain the situation several times before she got it, so naturally i've been skeptical. Hopefully Helen will clear things up.

HelenOster likes this.
  7. HelenOster

HelenOster Member

To clarify; the VIP360 was a marketing team initiative, in conjunction with New Leaf. Normal procedure when purchasing items is that units need to be purchased at the same time as the applicable warranty - for obvious reasons.
    But being as the marketing people are removed from the ordering and fulfilment process, they have/had limited understanding of the implications of a heavily back-ordered item.......so they didn't make it clear in the T&Cs.

Now, everyone should be on the same page:

New Leaf does not consider an item purchased until there is a cash transaction from the customer to Adorama and an invoice from Adorama to the customer. If a customer pre-orders an item from Adorama, and does not pay for the item, then elects to purchase VIP, then the pre-order arrives at Adorama and paid by your customer and shipped, the item is covered under the VIP 360 program. – See example below:

Preorder – Item 11/01/16

Purchase VIP 11/05/16

Preorder is shipped & invoiced, credit card charged 11/10/16

Item covered under VIP

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Preorder – Item 11/01/16

Preorder is shipped & invoiced, credit card charged 11/05/16

Purchase VIP 11/10/16

Item not covered under VIP

Best wishes

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

Todd Reimer and crazyrider like this.
  8. crazyrider

crazyrider Active Member

So I guess the CS was not sure of the process since I was asked to cancel my order, buy VIP360 and then place a new order to ensure coverage. I had already pre-ordered, and was not charged since the order was pending.

HelenOster likes this.
  9. HelenOster

HelenOster Member

Correct; because the Marketing Department communicated the information incorrectly to CS.

10. HTRABIN

HTRABIN New Member

I have dealt with Adorama and NEW LEAF and I do NOT recommend using them for extended Warranty service. They basically try to wear you out when you make a claim! It took me 4 months to get them to honor a claim on a SONY Camcorder I bought through Adorama. I called Adorama to complain about their choice of 3rd party maintenance and while their intentions were good to back me up on my claim they were truly no help. I was left to deal with NEW LEAF on my own in the end run. If you want more details I can provide them but wanted to make this brief. BEWARE OF NEW LEAF !

11. HelenOster

HelenOster Member

Please can you provide the details to me: Helen@adorama.com so I can look into this.
    Thank you

12. HTRABIN

HTRABIN New Member

I sent Helen from Adorama the documented 4 month mess of deaing with NEW LEAF. I did this so none of you should ever have to endure what we went through trying to get our New Leaf covered product purchased from Adorama serviced. In my mind these guys are crooked as can be. By your products from Adorama but DO NOT buy extended warrantees from New Leaf. They need to turn over a new leaf in their business practices.

13. Todd Reimer

HTRABIN's issues aside, thank you so much Helen for helping clarify everything for me and for being a service champion for your company on this site.

Cheers!

Todd

#13 Todd Reimer, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    HelenOster likes this.
  14. HelenOster

HelenOster Member

Thank you, Harry; I have all the info. Hope to get a response for you by close of business on Tuesday