New Mavic damaged in box

mgard

Reactions
Ordered 1/14
payment confirmed 1/16
4th blue dot 1/24
Fed Ex delivered today 1/27
Opened boxes (fly more) saved Mavic box for last
Removed rubber bubble cover and heard something rattle - noticed the gimbal clamp was in place but the camera was not secured. Part of the camera was broken off and laying in the housing. Contacted DJI and am now waiting for RMA to Carlsbad CA. Major buzz kill. IMG_0237.JPG IMG_0239.JPG IMG_0240.JPG IMG_0241.JPG

Bummer!

Not sure what that piece does. It sits behind the gimbal assembly and appears to be a shield of some sort but no matter how much I stare at it it's purpose is a mystery to me.

I just got my MP yesterday and had exactly the same thing except the plastic disc/shield is still held in place by the sticker. The gimbal was also incorrectly fitted. The gimbal was on the outside of the metal bracket causing the gimbal to protrude too far from the aircraft. Obviously this caused the breakage as when the factory assembly person then fits the gimbal lock, it doesn't fit properly and the plastic part gets broken by the force of pushing the lock in. That part is held in place by the gimbal lock but is very flimsy.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Same thing happened to me when I opened the box. Except the round plastic was broken in half, and the other half is still in place that is held on the gimble by the brown sticky mesh thing. I've contacted dji mavic, they haven't replied yet. I flown it a couple times, footage and everything seems fine. I heard from other threads that have damaged mavic out of the box, they would take forever to deal with it, and in the end, they want you to send everything back. (if you have the fly more combo, they will want you to send everything else back ask well) It's a buzz kill. What I feel like now is, if its fine everywhere else, I'll continue using it, and get dji care refresh, repair it when I really crash it. lol...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest