DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Dead Stick HELP!

Dr.Tones

Reactions
Ordered my Mavic Nov. 4th and FINALLY recieved it Jan 21st only to discover that the left controller stick isn't working! I'm greeted by a god awful beeping and a screen prompting me to recalibrate the controller. When I attempt to re-calibrate, it doesn't recognize my left stick... at all. Nothin. Notta. (Right stick is fine and regisers when calibrating) I upgraded firmware. I degraded firmware and then re-upgraded firmware. I updated DJI Go4 then uninstalled it and re-installed it. I can get the aircraft to launch and hover but neither of the sticks respond when the aircraft is hovering. I was able to land via RTH. Thoughts? Ideas? Pretty irritated right now.

slide switch on sd card side to wifi connect with iPad or phone and enjoy just do it outside it will be fine i have wifi mine before no problem least you can get some pics while dji contacts you

slide switch on sd card side to wifi connect with iPad or phone and enjoy just do it outside it will be fine i have wifi mine before no problem least you can get some pics while dji contacts you
If you're a beginner, I would not recommend this IMO

Worked well for me rock solid

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Was not doubting the stability...I jwas just warning the OP who has NEVER flown the Mavic or quite possibly any DJI product that this wouldn't be advisable.

Last edited:
Don't blame ya... That would piss me off. Only other thing I can think of is to try changing the stick modes back and forth while your phone is hooked up to the controller. Might cause the stars to align. Probably not though, in which case DJI support is the only way I can think of to go. I'm sorry. This sucks.

Reactions: Dr.Tones
Sorry to hear you got a bad one but I was in the same boat (just a different problem), luckily if you contact DJI and send it back to get a replacement the repair turnaround is much quicker than the order turnaround. I had to send mine in and had it back in less than 2 weeks.

I know this probably doesn't make you feel any better but maybe knowing you will not be waiting another 2 months will help.

Reactions: Dr.Tones
Just flew the craft using the wifi. It works great (although sluggish). Of course this problem occurred on a weekend so I guess I'll just sit here. Has anyone had this problem? Dead stick? Anyone???

Best of luck. Let us know the final outcome.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121