DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic firmware to fix controller issues - V01.02.0900

lknman

Reactions
I just upgraded to the latest firmware V01.02.0900. Hopefully it fixes the issue I had where I lost all stick control while flying and had to restart the controller to gain control. I upgrade via the DJI Go app on my iPhone as DJI Assistant 2 will not work for me on a MacBook Pro. Allows me to see the firmware version but not do the upgrade.

Haven't had a chance to fly yet.

Release notes:

What’s New?

2016.11.09 v01.02.0900

•  Optimized Remote Controller Calibration.
  •  Adjusted default gimbal pitch smoothing value from 10 to 15 for smoother movement
  •  Increased USB connection stability.
  •  Adjusted camera color.
  •  Fixed occasional remote control command timeout.
  •  Fixed occasional unresponsiveness to remote controller commands.
  •  Deleted support for using C1 or C2 button to launch the DJI GO app on iOS.

Update:

Just did a brief 5 minute flight and firmware seems to be working fine. Will post again once I do a more in-depth flight.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 7.05.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 7.05.31 AM.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 7.05.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 7.05.08 AM.png
    199 KB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 7.03.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 7.03.10 AM.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 199
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 7.02.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 7.02.53 AM.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
The release notes are also available on DJI's website here.

So is this 3 FW releases since the Mavic launched ???? this must at least give some confidence that DJI are looking at the issues and reacting quite quickly ??

Reactions: DesJardins and Romi
this is great news! I'd like to hear from some people that had control issues... hoping this resolves those issues. Since I've got to wait forever to get my Mavic, a least I can read about the bugs getting worked out.... trying to look on the bright side here.

I did a full flight this afternoon and tested all flight modes. Everything worked fine with no issues. Next flight will be a longer distance flight to make sure there are no additional issues.

This is the first since release really, the last fw was available on launch day and should be classed as launch fw.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Mike_Flys
has anyone else had trouble with the lower usb port after the update? There have been a few people who said it stops functioning after updating...

This is the first since release really, the last fw was available on launch day and should be classed as launch fw.

Yes, I've just upgraded and it will be the second firmware I'm using since I received it on 10/31. I never saw that intermediate upgrade 01.02.810. I initially upgraded to 01.02.800 before my first flight and now today to 01.02.900.

has anyone else had trouble with the lower usb port after the update? There have been a few people who said it stops functioning after updating...

Jake, it does work but only if you unplug the micro USB connector on the side. With it plugged in for some reason it is now assuming there is a device connected. Hopefully they will resolve this issue at some stage as I would prefer not to have that port exposed when using the bottom one.

Reactions: JakeS
Jake, it does work but only if you unplug the micro USB connector on the side. With it plugged in for some reason it is now assuming there is a device connected. Hopefully they will resolve this issue at some stage as I would prefer not to have that port exposed when using the bottom one.

Thanks. I thought I was always that way. I'll be updating shortly.

Reactions: chippie
Thanks. I thought I was always that way. I'll be updating shortly.

Before today's update you could leave the side cable plugged it whilst using the bottom USB port. It only disabled one port when you physically connected a device into the other (not just the cable). But now it disables the bottom port with just the cable plugged in :-(

Reactions: JakeS
I just did 2 flights on the new firmware and it works ok. The only thing I saw that's worse than before is the display of speed in the App when using Imperial units. In the old version 01.02.0800, speed in GPS mode was reported correctly but was optimistic (high) by about 1.5x in Sport mode. That is, 60mph in the App was really 40mph as measured externally (healthydrones or any other method to verify). That was bad but now in 01.02.900, the same problem is there in GPS mode! A saving grace is that in the RC, the speed is displayed correctly. Just now I did a distance flight mostly going at 27-28mph as reported on the RC - but it always showed as over 40mph in the App. Other than that, the new FW seems ok.

I just did 2 flights on the new firmware and it works ok. The only thing I saw that's worse than before is the display of speed in the App when using Imperial units. In the old version 01.02.0800, speed in GPS mode was reported correctly but was optimistic (high) by about 1.5x in Sport mode. That is, 60mph in the App was really 40mph as measured externally (healthydrones or any other method to verify). That was bad but now in 01.02.900, the same problem is there in GPS mode! A saving grace is that in the RC, the speed is displayed correctly. Just now I did a distance flight mostly going at 27-28mph as reported on the RC - but it always showed as over 40mph in the App. Other than that, the new FW seems ok.

Thanks Nathan! So the speed issue is now in both P and Sports mode rather than just Sports mode right. You would have thought they would have sorted this but guess it is not major if if flies ok. :)

Before today's update you could leave the side cable plugged it whilst using the bottom USB port. It only disabled one port when you physically connected a device into the other (not just the cable). But now it disables the bottom port with just the cable plugged in :-(

In the release notes: Increased USB connection stability.

So we know they messed with it. Personally if I'm flying with a tablet in the lower USB port I would be fine with having to remove the cable from the micro port.

Last edited:
Thanks Nathan! So the speed issue is now in both P and Sports mode rather than just Sports mode right. You would have thought they would have sorted this but guess it is not major if if flies ok. :)

Yes - don't know if it's all configs/settings combinations, but for me, it is a step backwards. Maybe they're trying to train us to look at the RC more?

Yes - don't know if it's all configs/settings combinations, but for me, it is a step backwards. Maybe they're trying to train us to look at the RC more?
I gladly accept this bug for the time being if they truly fixed the more pressing disconnect/unresponsive bug.

That kind of sucks then! I wanted to use the side port to recharge my remote while flying (using a light power bank). I use an iPad mini with the bottom port. So that's impossible now?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots