DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic firmware to fix controller issues - V01.02.0900

That kind of sucks then! I wanted to use the side port to recharge my remote while flying (using a light power bank). I use an iPad mini with the bottom port. So that's impossible now?

You are good to go! You can still charge via the side connector. In fact from testing you can have a 'NORMAL' USB cable (I tested 2) connected to the side port even when not charging the controller and the bottom port still works. The bottom port is only disabled when the provided Mavic short cables are plugged into the side before power on, which is sort of strange.
Also, if you boot the controller with the provided side cable unplugged, connect your iPad to the bottom port you can then happily re-connect the provided side cable.
It is very strange, I believe some experienced connection issues with the side cable left plugged in when using the bottom port but it appears that with the latest firmware they put a check in on boot to see it it is connected, if not then you can use the bottom port, if it is connected then it becomes the active port and you cannot use the bottom port. But this only applies to their provided cables so perhaps there is something built into the cable itself, not sure really.

EDIT: The above only applies to the provided short micro-usb cables. The side port allows charging with a normal cable all the time.

Last edited:
has anyone else had trouble with the lower usb port after the update? There have been a few people who said it stops functioning after updating...
Yeah, I just got mine, updated immediately and there's no activity on the lower USB.

Jake, it does work but only if you unplug the micro USB connector on the side. With it plugged in for some reason it is now assuming there is a device connected. Hopefully they will resolve this issue at some stage as I would prefer not to have that port exposed when using the bottom one.
My phone needs a reverse micro USB so I removed the Apple cable altogether but still couldn't get a connection through the lower USB port.

My phone needs a reverse micro USB so I removed the Apple cable altogether but still couldn't get a connection through the lower USB port.
So you powered off, removed all cables from the controller, then plugged just one in the bottom port and powered on? If you did this and it still does not work then maybe you have a different issue, is your cable defo ok?

Yeah, I did try a standard micro cable in the side so maybe that's why. I'm actually going to fly today so I'll try it again. Thanks for the information!

Reactions: chippie
So you powered off, removed all cables from the controller, then plugged just one in the bottom port and powered on? If you did this and it still does not work then maybe you have a different issue, is your cable defo ok?
Yes, I didn't notice that I was only at FW 08 so I updated to FW 09 but after all was done and restarted the bottom USB port still would only charge. It would not launch the go app even if I changed cables or devices.

hey @msinger can we have like a sticky for NEW FIRMWARE UPDATES (or if there is already please ignore this) so itll also be easy to keep track of all versions of updates in one place

You can find your current firmware versions in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000