New Mavic having RC signal strength problems. Video fine.

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Help' started by Marc Hufnagel, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Marc Hufnagel

Marc Hufnagel Well-Known Member

Picked up the Mavic at an Apple store and after 5 flights I'm convinced that it is defective. I'm getting the red 'signal strength warning' when even 800' out and 200' up. Clearly VLOS. My antennas are parallel and straight up.

The farthest I've gotten is about 1500' and it was throwing a fit about loss of RC signal (no bars on the meter) but video is rock solid.

Tried two different locations. Using new GO App 4, everything else seems to be working fine but there is definitely something wrong with the RC power or the TX itself.

2. APFly

APFly Member

Ok, Mark, I have the exact same problem as you. Had about 7 flights and get to about 800 or so out and 2-300 up. Loss of RC (no bars) video crystal clear. I tried back tracking the firmware, calibrating sticks, re linking the remote, and nothing. Please tell me if you have found a solution or have you contacted DJI? I'll keep you posted after I call DJI tomorrow. It does work great when closer than described above.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

3. Marc Hufnagel

I haven't had any time or good weather since I posted that. I am going to try to get time to contact them tomorrow It's really a perplexing issue at this point Please share what they tell you and I'll pass my info along as well.

4. cronkodial

cronkodial New Member

Having the same issue today, plus staticky video telemetry at around 1000ft away, after IMU, compass and controller calibration as well

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

5. APFly

APFly Member

Someone said to change from 20hz to 10hz. I'm not sure how to do that?

6. APFly

APFly Member

I'm sending it back to DJI, they wanted me to reset IMU, I did but nothing changed.

7. Marc Hufnagel

Mine will just go back to the apple store - a week old unit isn't getting shipped anywhere. Their suggestion was ship it back to us.

8. Marc Hufnagel

No stock at the Apple store so I still have this one. They will hold the first one that comes in and also extended my return window to January 20th. Nice of them.

In addition the business dept at the store also placed an order for one for me in case that gets it in sooner.

9. Marc Hufnagel

Made no difference in my case, it's in the app setup along with the channels part.

10. APFly

APFly Member

11. Marc Hufnagel

At least it will fly just not a whole long way without dropping the rc meter down to '0' and complaining even before that about weak signalm, adjust antenna.. blah blah.. Today it started at 275' up and 250' out.