DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic. No connection from micro USB port on remote

RyanK

Reactions
Got a brand New Mavic from DJI last night. I can connect just fine using my own USB cables to multiple phones and a tablet to the port on the bottom of the remote. However, I've tried all three micro USB cables that came with the Mavic, and none will connect to my phones or tablet (iphone, Android tablet, and new Android phone with USB-c port). Also, I did make sure my USB cable on the bottom was unplugged before trying the micro USB cables.

Am I doing something wrong? If not, should I just return the whole Mavic? I haven't even flown it yet.

Maybe yes. Can you charge the remote through the port on the top left?

Reactions: Spanishcop
So I guess the question now is, so I even waste time with DJI support, or do I just return it straight away?

Will your device connect to the bottom USB port when the small side is unplugged ?

Will your device connect to the bottom USB port when the small side is unplugged ?

Yes. Bottom port works fine. But I kinda think a brand new unit ought to work perfectly and not have to rely on just that single connection.

Sure. Looks like you have a defective unit...

I wouldn't mess with DJI support if you just got it.

Return it to the place of purchase and get another one.

Yes. Bottom port works fine. But I kinda think a brand new unit ought to work perfectly and not have to rely on just that single connection.

That wasn't the point .

Are you trying the micro port with no cord plugged into the bottom port?
It won't work with both cords plugged into the remote

I'm having the EXACT same issue today... worked fine for past 7 days, but today, only bottom USB port will connect to iPhone... side port is dead... tried several iPhones with the same result....

I'm having the EXACT same issue today... worked fine for past 7 days, but today, only bottom USB port will connect to iPhone... side port is dead... tried several iPhones with the same result....
I just got a new remote back from DJI. The whole process took over 3 weeks. That was VERY ANNOYING when I had a brand new mavic that I could not use. But now I have it back and it's working.

They assured me they would send me a new one and not a refurb, but I still think it's a refurb. There was no documentation or box for it . . . just the shipping box and it was wrapped in bubble wrap. At least it works though.

Reactions: iSilentP
Glad you got a new remote that works... it's unfortunate that it's a refurb as you discovered... That always ticks me off when companies try and pawn off used items as "new" when it's so easy to tell... I bought 4 iPhone 6s last year, NIB from a Major retailer and when I opened my shiny "new" iPhone, I noticed it had 12 hours on the lifetime call history!... the other 3 phones were zero, but mine was obviously a refurb sold as new... very irritating!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas