DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic - no video feed to phone?

Vhayne

Reactions
Hello everyone. Well today I received my new Mavic Pro in the mail. I immediately opened it and began charging everything. I followed all instructions I could find, including the manual and youtube videos.

Everything seems to be working well, as I was able to test fly it a little before dark. But no matter what I do, I cannot get a video feed. It takes video and pics no problem, as I'm able to click the "play" button on the DJI app and view the footage. But for some reason, no live feed at all. I've tried googling it, and watching more videos, but so far, nothing that seems to help.

Do any of you have any suggestions that I could try?

I've been messing with it some more. I tried switching it to Wi-Fi, and it just stays at "connecting". I tried using a USB cable on the back of the controller - connecting to my iPhone to see if that would help (I disconnected the one on the left side of the controller also), nothing. However, I have noticed that when the drone connects (or when the gimbal is initializing), that something does show up on the screen of my phone. For example, a minute ago, I had it sitting on my dining room table, and I could make out a very bad resolution/out of focus image of the wood of the table. But it doesn't continue to transmit at all. If I tap the screen, it goes black. :(

This is quite disappointing, as this is my first quad with an FPV camera system. I was really looking forward to being able to see what the drone sees as I'm flying. It's the feature I was most looking forward to. And so far, it seems to be the only feature that isn't working lol.

Oh, one more thing. I don't seem to have any control of the gimbal. I can make it tilt straight down, and back to forward, but that's it.

Ok, I finally found a fix. Well somewhat of one. I downloaded the app on my wife's phone, and tried using her phone instead of mine. It worked perfectly! :) Her phone is a iPhone 6+, mine is a 6s+. I reset all of my settings on my phone, and I'll test it out tomorrow.

Reactions: Nayot
Good luck, take it slooooow your first few flight and be sure to WAIT for a full GPS lock before you take off.... or it will return home to Mainland China! (or the last place it got a home point GPS lock) ;-)

Ok, I finally found a fix. Well somewhat of one. I downloaded the app on my wife's phone, and tried using her phone instead of mine. It worked perfectly! :) Her phone is a iPhone 6+, mine is a 6s+. I reset all of my settings on my phone, and I'll test it out tomorrow.
Hi,

Was this rectified?

I’m having the exact same issue with the IPhone 6S+

Brand new drone. Still haven’t seen any footage on screen yet, although it saves on phone.

Is it an issue with the IPhone 6S+, or

Was this rectified?

I’ve got a brand new Mavic with same issues as described when connecting to the IPhone 6S+.

Can view photos in storage, but just have black screen?!?!

Doesn’t really help when I bought it to view what I’m filming

Any update would be great

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S