DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pilot - Boston Massachusetts!

heretic617

Reactions
Hello everyone! I'm just posting a check-in thread to introduce myself. I've been saving my pennies for a year for a Phantom 4, then saw the Mavic Pro and changed my goal... so when I was able to buy it (around Christmas time) I went to order the drone and everyone was backordered! I figured I've waited almost 9 months already... what's a couple more.. so I waited a couple more and finally ordered my drone and "Fly More" accessory kit. It arrived on the last day of a nice weather streak we had in Boston and it's been snowing with high winds or raining for over a week since my drone arrived. POOR ME.

My one flight has been a test take off indoors in my apartment. I have several micro-drones and a Parrot FPV WiFi drone as well but nothing as beautiful or advanced as the Mavic.

Anyway.. if anyone is in the Boston area and wants to trade tips or locations.. I think my first trip for footage will be to grab some shots of the light-houses in Marblehead so if you want to join me send a PM or respond to the thread!

-Jonathan aka Heretic617

Reactions: Skibum and dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170301/UserManual/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual_en_v1.4.pdf

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Be careful of your relation to the Danvers Airport. Not sure where the lighthouses are as I havent been to Marblehead in years but hope you can fly there!

I just signed up for a flightaware.com free account to see live flight information and know if there are aircraft in the area or coming into the area where I plan to fly my drone. It's a great service and I recommend any other UAV pilots here check it out. The site has a live map with flight tracking info on it.. yes, little airplane icons "flying" across the map... all over the map representing all the air traffic at any given time and location. And it's FREE! The premium accounts offer more detailed information such as tail numbers and advanced filtering for certain airports and flight numbers... but for what we would use it for, the free account is just fine. (Link Below)

FlightAware - Flight Tracker / Flight Status / Flight Tracking

I hope this helps!

-Jonathan AKA Heretic617

Reactions: Jibcam
I just signed up for a flightaware.com free account to see live flight information and know if there are aircraft in the area or coming into the area where I plan to fly my drone. It's a great service and I recommend any other UAV pilots here check it out. The site has a live map with flight tracking info on it.. yes, little airplane icons "flying" across the map... all over the map representing all the air traffic at any given time and location. And it's FREE! The premium accounts offer more detailed information such as tail numbers and advanced filtering for certain airports and flight numbers... but for what we would use it for, the free account is just fine. (Link Below)

FlightAware - Flight Tracker / Flight Status / Flight Tracking

I hope this helps!

-Jonathan AKA Heretic617

Thanks Jonathan for the advice. I'm new to flying so I'm looking for legal spots to fly around Milton. I'm interested in FlightAware but don't see a way to create an account. Wish they just had an IOS app.

Reactions: Skibum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada