DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pilot

Just have fun go fly I'm getting ready to

Indeed! I'd like to but the weather here is not good and looks like it won't be until at least mid-week. I'll just have to wait!

There's nothing wrong with the android software.

I've never had even a hiccup in flight.
That's great and I'm really glad for you. And I'm sure that the vast majority of MP owners are are the same. But I've had continual crashes of the DJIGO4 app on 2 different Android devices and it doesn't take long if you look around this forum to see that I'm not the only one.

That's great and I'm really glad for you. And I'm sure that the vast majority of MP owners are are the same. But I've had continual crashes of the DJIGO4 app on 2 different Android devices and it doesn't take long if you look around this forum to see that I'm not the only one.
Oh, you're upset.

Oops.

Be happy.

Read that the problem is especially because of multiple versions of Android and mods. Never had a single crash on ios. Maybe because there are less versions to deal with?

Although crashing would not be interfering with the actual flying and even rth.

Safe flights!

Oh, you're upset.

Oops.

Be happy.
No, I'm not upset, trust me. What I meant when I said that I'm glad for you is, that I'm genuinely glad for you! I'm glad that you're having a trouble free time with your Mavic and the DJIGO4 app. DJI must've sold millions of Mavics all over the world and probably 99% of people that have bought them are having a trouble free experience. And I'm glad of that. But what a forum like this is all about is for people that aren't having such a trouble free time. If everyone that posted on this forum just said "My Mavic is performing flawlessly, there are absolutely no problems whatsoever", well that would all get pretty boring, pretty quickly and there'd be no need for this forum would there?

A forum is for people that are having a problem/problems with a product or just want more information from others that have the same product. Hopefully, when someone highlights a problem with a product, others will no doubt have suffered the same problem and maybe come up with a solution. In this case, your Mavic is performing flawlessly and mine isn't. And what I've understood from looking at this forum is that others are indeed having the same problems that I am having and have offered their solutions. That's the idea of a forum........

Last edited:
Now is the time find yourself a cable
Turns out I didn't need a new cable! I was watching a YouTube video about the Mavic when this guy says that the USB will not work while the other cable is still inserted in The RC (the one at the side) Well mine was, D'oh! Took it out and the USB now works fine and everything is good. DJIGo4 app seems to work alright (so far) just need some good weather to go flying again... Thank goodness for YouTube! So it was my own stupid fault, Double D'oh!

Not sure if that is the case but I'll take your word for it. I know it is quite legal to fly BVLOS using a spotter but I don't know about using goggles.

Been flying proper fpv since 2011. You need a spotter to fly fpv.
BVLOS is not legal, your spotter can't spot your aircraft if your beyond visual line of sight.

Been flying proper fpv since 2011. You need a spotter to fly fpv.
BVLOS is not legal, your spotter can't spot your aircraft if your beyond visual line of sight.
Okay, I'm waiting for a reply from the Civil Aviation Authority Re: flying using goggles and a spotter. As for flying BVLOS. Yes you can. The spotter is not stood next to you. Your spotter would be at least 500 metres from you (the legal limit in the UK) and would be in contact with you via a 2 way radio. As far as I'm aware, this is only a practice that is allowed for pilots that hold a PFCO (Permission For Commercial Operations) issued by the CAA. The operator would have to detail exactly how he/she would conduct operations BVLOS in their CAA operations manual. It is not allowed for hobby fliers under any circumstances.

Flying full FPV using goggles and spotter sounds feasible. Like I said, I'll take your word for it. But I'm thinking that if it is allowed using a spotter, that again it would only be allowed for pilots that hold a current PFCO and have detailed how they would conduct flying full FPV in their operations manual. As soon as I've heard from the CAA, I'll let you know.

Last edited:
You are indeed entirely correct and it is exactly the opposite of what I thought. You are allowed to fly full FPV using goggles in the UK as long as it is recreational. You must be away from a congested area and fly an aircraft that weighs no more than 3.5Kg, with a spotter that keeps the aircraft in sight sufficient to avoid collisions. It is commercial operators than cannot under any circumstances fly FPV.

Cool. Well I'm not commercial so the BVLOS is a new one on me.

FPV is great fun, if you haven't already I highly recommend it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User