DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Vibrating Violently - SOLVED!

DJI-GO-Propeller-Cage.jpg

I finally received my Mavic Pro on Monday, December 12th (after a two-and-a-half month wait). The drone flew flawlessly up until this afternoon.

When the Mavic took-off, it began to shake violently and even had trouble holding its hover position. Here is what we know:
  1. The Mavic has never been crashed,
  2. The propellors have been carefully inspected (and even replaced with a new set),
  3. All motors and parts feel solid and tight,
  4. The IMU and compass have been recalibrated multiple times, and
  5. The Mavic flew perfectly yesterday evening (and a dozen times prior to that).
Anyone seen this before? Any thoughts short of returning the drone to DJI?

SOLVED

When I first received the Mavic, I was unaware of the new DJI Go app. My initial unboxing and firmware upgrade was using the DJI GO 3.1.1 app. Of course, there were no apparent issues with the operation or behavior of the aircraft using the older app (with more than 15 flights over 5 days). When I learned of and downloaded the DJI GO 4 app, the aircraft began the shaking as seen in the above video. Initially, thinking that it could have been a result of the app, I disconnected my mobile device, restarted the UAS, and the issue persisted without the mobile device attached. I also attempted the flight with the older DJI GO 3.1.1 app, and there was no resolution. I immediately discounted the mobile app as the culprit.

After MANY failed attempts and tests to resolve the issue, I downgraded the firmware (to 01.02.9), and re-updated the firmware using the DJI GO 4 app. PROBLEM SOLVED!

My take away/conclusion: Do NOT upgrade the Mavic firmware with anything other than the DJI GO 4 app. In addition, the 01.03 firmware update from 3.1.1 is somehow different, or incomplete, compared to the one initiated through 4.0. The 3.1.1 updated aircraft became unstable once the 4.0 app was connected (and disconnecting the device made no resolve the issue, nor did the use of the 3.1.1 app).

YMMV. Thank you for all of the insights and troubleshooting efforts, folks!

It's not the firmware..... you probably or accidentally turn on propeller cage

Reactions: larkin
Oh I will try your way my is shaking since yesterday but was flying since the beginning with the dji go 4 so I will try the downgrade and upgrade to find out if it fix my problem. I just have in the same time a clic clic on-board comming from the main beard on the cooler side. Hope this will dispiriting in the same time.

Sent from my SM-N910F using MavicPilots mobile app

I accidentally left the propeller cage option enabled and experienced this same vibrations. After turning it off, it was good again. I think restoring the firmware also turned off this option for you :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929