DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mavic vid with good focus

OneSunnyDay

Reactions
Hi Guys,

saw this pop up on youtube

new example shots over water of mavic pro video quality. Seems very good!

Is the video really from a Mavic? There are some faux Mavic videos.

Reactions: kykayak
Should be a real Mavic, as there are other Mavic Videos on his channel I haven't seen somewhere else.

Yeah, loos like Mavic controller...

Boy, he's got some nads to be flying so close to large birds. There was a point at about 28 seconds where a Pelican was flying right at the drone but went beneath the drone. Interestingly, the bird didn't pay much attention to the drone which could be good or it could be bad...

Brian

I wonder how well it holds up in the wind over the ocean. Winds tend to be unpredictable here and I would hate to lose the bird or not get it back in time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd guess it's as good as the P4 but maybe not quite as good as the Inspire at handling winds. I've only had one occasion where winds gave me problems with my i1 Pro and that was vertical winds near a cliff. At one point I climbed a portion of the cliff to peer above it and when I tried to come down I needed to give full stick down to come down at all due to the strong updraft. I wound up moving laterally away from the cliff wall and was able to more easily descend after doing so. You don't want to panic when you have a problem.

See video clip for location -- the Moki Dugway in southern Utah.

Brian

Reactions: Rick
Yes, seems like a legit Mavic video. Would like to know if any coloring was done in post and what color profile he shot it on. Nice video overall.

I'd guess it's as good as the P4 but maybe not quite as good as the Inspire at handling winds. I've only had one occasion where winds gave me problems with my i1 Pro and that was vertical winds near a cliff. At one point I climbed a portion of the cliff to peer above it and when I tried to come down I needed to give full stick down to come down at all due to the strong updraft. I wound up moving laterally away from the cliff wall and was able to more easily descend after doing so. You don't want to panic when you have a problem.

See video clip for location -- the Moki Dugway in southern Utah.

Brian
That's great footage of a spectacular place. Most immersive view at 3 minutes as the plain appears far below the eroded break in the rock formation. Hope you were paid for that!

That's great footage of a spectacular place. Most immersive view at 3 minutes as the plain appears far below the eroded break in the rock formation. Hope you were paid for that!

Don't I wish...

The view just past 3:00 is the Valley of the Gods. You can see a drone video of it on my channel. The last video I posted, last Sunday, is about 'tap to focus' and D-log -- there was a lot of talk about tap to focus being a new thing after the Mavic Pro came out when it clearly is not. So, I posted a video about it and included some info on the D-log profile.

Brian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest