DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Owner - Questions and Observations

pashley

Reactions
I use drones for my real estate photography biz. Needless to say, I need a backup. I had been using Yuneec products, the Q500 and Typhoon H. Q500 was recently blown away by a "jet stream" about 200' up, never to be found again.

Replaced with Mavic Pro. Love!

Going to sell Typhoon H and get another MP!

Observations:

My Typhoon H comes in at about 22 pounds, Mavic, 1.6.
If, God forbid, it drops onto someone or something, the MP is going to do a lot less damage than the Typhoon H would have.

Much smaller wind load profile. Probably will do much better in windy conditions, despite it's much lighter weight. Also, much more portable.

Seems more rugged. Just spent $250 parts for the Typhoon H, because of three broken arms. From stories I've seen on YouTube, MP seems much more rugged, even highly water resistant.

Accurate RTH: My Typhoon would come to within about 15 feet of me on auto return. As you know, the MP will come to within inches of the takeoff point. Bonus.

Questions:

Does the MP have to be on a perfectly level surface on start up, or is there some forgiveness for that?
My Typhoon H has to be, or the gimbal orientation is messed up.

Using the Waypoints mode, can you use different heights? Can do so with the Typhoon H.

Is the Litchi app a developed, useful product?

If my MP should go down somewhere, and I'm not sure where, I believe there is a part of the DJI app that allows you to find it via GPS?

Thanks!

Does the MP have to be on a perfectly level surface on start up, or is there some forgiveness for that?
No. Just set your Mavic in an area that looks level/flat and power it on. You'll also want to make sure nothing comes into contact with the camera as your Mavic starts up (since it spins around).

Using the Waypoints mode, can you use different heights?
Different heights for the waypoints? Yes.

Is the Litchi app a developed, useful product?
The author does continue to add new features and improve it. Will it be useful for you? It could be if you're flying lots of waypoint missions. Search the forum here and you'll find lots of discussion about Litchi.

If my MP should go down somewhere, and I'm not sure where, I believe there is a part of the DJI app that allows you to find it via GPS?
It will only show you the location last recorded in the flight log on your mobile device. That doesn't necessarily mean the Mavic will be found at that location.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929