DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot. LG G6 problem. Help

Yzerman

Reactions
Rookie pilot here with first Mavic flight on 6-10-17, Lincoln NE. DJI Go app crashes mid-flight. Got the bird down safe, thankfully. Any LG users having problems?

Reactions: dirkclod
Unfortunately it is an Android issue. My Nexus 6P could never go through a flight without crashing or freezing. I heard some people have better success running Marshmallow but I run Nougat. Finally bought an iPhone 7+, problem solved.

Marshmallow seems to be a better option at the moment. I run Marshmallow on a Huawei P9, and it's more stable than most of my apps.

Only issue I've had (in the past few months, on different firmware) is the controller "forgets" about the attached device, and requires a restart of the controller to see it again. But this happened once with Android, and once on iOS (iPad Mini 3).

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

I agree it's a android coding problem by DJI. I have a Nexus 7 2013, HTC ONE M8, and Google Pixel XL they all crash. One thing I did 2 days ago on the Nexus 7 was disable all apps except Google Maps, DJI Go, Litchi, and any service apps android needs. And then put it into airplane mode since this tablet is just for the Mavic. So far no crashes!

Marshmallow seems to be a better option at the moment. I run Marshmallow on a Huawei P9, and it's more stable than most of my apps.

Only issue I've had (in the past few months, on different firmware) is the controller "forgets" about the attached device, and requires a restart of the controller to see it again. But this happened once with Android, and once on iOS (iPad Mini 3).
I had this problem a lot and figured out that the tablet should be connected after the RC and Aircraft are powered up already.

I updated the firmwares, re-installed dji go and made sure to power up in correct sequences. Short test flight in the backyard and it seems to be ok. Longer test tonight if the wind dies down.

and Google Pixel XL they all crash.
Thanks partner you just saved me a lot of money. So even a mega powered android phone crashes. I will spend the money on goggles and keep using my LG 50$ phone I found in the ditch with a shattered screen that I covered with packing tape for changing settings.

Looks like DJI concentrates on developing devices with the strongest market shares first. (Apple and Samsung) The G6 is plenty capable of running the system. Those users (among others) just have to wait for full support.

I had this problem a lot and figured out that the tablet should be connected after the RC and Aircraft are powered up already.

For me, it was actually during flight that it simply lost connection with the phone and wouldn't reconnect. I reconnected the cable, disconnected the phone and restarted the app, restarted the phone, and finally flew the drone far enough away that it would initiate RTH and then restarted the RC itself while it was flying back.

I've not had any issues since, no matter what order I've started the RC, drone or handset. Often, I'll start the RC, connect the phone and then power on the drone. But I've also done it ***-backwards by powering up the drone, connected the phone and then started the RC without issue.

Looks like DJI concentrates on developing devices with the strongest market shares first. (Apple and Samsung) The G6 is plenty capable of running the system. Those users (among others) just have to wait for full support.

It's funny; I've actually heard of more people having problems with Samsung phones than any other manufacturer (on both Android 6 and 7).

Firmware updated on AC and RC. DJI Go still crashed mid-flight. Frustrated. Looks like ill have to pull out the old iphone, cracked screen and all.

Rookie pilot here with first Mavic flight on 6-10-17, Lincoln NE. DJI Go app crashes mid-flight. Got the bird down safe, thankfully. Any LG users having problems?
Problem is Dji has one person working in the basement with Android and a whole team kissing Apple ***.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus