DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot needs help!

Alex El Caballo

Reactions
Hey fellas,
Just got my mavic yesterday. During the waiting period I tried to read forums, the manual and other stuff..
After frying the bird bird 6 times in beginner mode I still feel like I am way lost on use of the camera and the other advanced flight settings.
I know there are some basic video tutorials out there by DJI and other private posters.
What can I do to become more proficient with this craft?
To be honest, I am a little hesitant to change settings in DJI GO 4.
Also, I have 2 devices that I use to fly, an Ipad pro and Iphone 6s. Do these apps sync together? Or will I always be having different settings/ flight plans on these different devices.
I appreciate any help to become more proficient with this craft.
Thank you all for your time and help.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: lifeismusic
Find yourself a nice big open space with lots of line of sight and fly around more buddy, that's what I did. If you're logged in to a dji account they sync up. The mavic was my first drone too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy Crap! I can't help you, but I just made my first flight and I was TERRIFIED! I do live in a place with tons of trees, that is likely why I was afraid. To compensate for my feat, I just basically went up and down messing with the camera and stuff. I bet I spent 20% of the first battery just updating, calibrating and trying to get it off the ground.

However, my first flight was a success. I still have my drone and it didn't crash. This thing is freaking AMAZING!

I need more batteries! I tried to order a battery last week and some how I entered bad CC @Newegg or I would have a spare!

Reactions: lifeismusic
I am logged in to DJI accounts on both and I'd like to review the flight plan in my phone but no sync has occurred. The iPad still is blank as it has never seen flight.
I don't know if there is a setting that i need to activate to have my flight info in both devices.

Don't forget the simulator in the DJI app too. It does help.

You are right about being freaked out on the first flight!
I felt like that myself.
I also have burned through the 3 batteries and I think I am gonna need a few more batteries...

I bought a Blade Nano to learn to fly a drone. It is much harder to fly, is indestructible and cost $70 to $80. Great investment.

I bought a Blade Nano to learn to fly a drone. It is much harder to fly, is indestructible and cost $70 to $80. Great investment.

Good advice. That's what I did in preparation of my Turbo Ace Matrix arrival. Glad I did. You fly that little blade around and then get your hands on a drone like the MP and it will be a piece of cake.

Ordered from DJI Oct 29. Still waiting...

Reactions: Brice LeCarre
Also, I have 2 devices that I use to fly, an Ipad pro and Iphone 6s. Do these apps sync together? Or will I always be having different settings/ flight plans on these different devices.
I appreciate any help to become more proficient with this craft.
Thank you all for your time and help.

In order to see flights on a device other than the one used for the flight itself, you need to sync your flights to that device. From the DJI Go 4 app tap the plus sign in the upper right corner on the enter device screen. From there select flight record and in the upper right corner tap the cloud sync button. From there select to start sync to load to that device. I'm on an iOS device. Not sure if it's different on an android.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have 2 devices that I use to fly, an Ipad pro and Iphone 6s. Do these apps sync together? Or will I always be having different settings/ flight plans on these different devices.
The settings that are stored in DJI GO will need to be set on both devices. Other settings are stored on your Mavic, so those will be retained when switching devices.

You'll need to sync your flight logs on both devices in order to share them. You can do that in DJI GO like this:

http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...orking-after-1-6-fw-update.63113/#post-617659

Purchase insurance from your local StateFarm agent (60 $ a year) which covers any possible loss scenario (crash, water, damage, theft, etc.)and then fly the S$*t out of it.

It really is empowering and will let your balls drop.

Reactions: F6Rider
Purchase insurance from your local StateFarm agent (60 $ a year) which covers any possible loss scenario (crash, water, damage, theft, etc.)and then fly the S$*t out of it.

I keep seeing this, but the skeptic in me is going to have to see somebody report coverage on a claim on one without:

1.) Getting the massive runaround about whatever
2.) getting the massive shafting at renewal time for home and auto
3.) Some other third way to shaft you you that I haven't thought about yet (LOL)

I keep seeing this, but the skeptic in me is going to have to see somebody report coverage on a claim on one without:

1.) Getting the massive runaround about whatever
2.) getting the massive shafting at renewal time for home and auto
3.) Some other third way to shaft you you that I haven't thought about yet (LOL)
I use SF personal article coverage for my DLSR gear and have found them to be great in the event of a loss. Not so sure with a flying camera.

Find yourself a nice big open space with lots of line of sight and fly around more buddy, that's what I did. If you're logged in to a dji account they sync up. The mavic was my first drone too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I did! Turned off beginner mode and and as I elevated the app let me know all was well! You'll get a warning about the response of the craft but it'll come like second nature. When you not propelling it forward it will hover and wait for your command. Like a good little bird[emoji17]

Sent from [emoji211]

I just did this and it made a big difference in my confidence. The Mavic can handle it and hopefully now I can also.

Practice, practice, practice. I'd focus on getting your flying skills better first, and then worry about the camera and video.

This video by Drone Camps helped me when I was looking to find some ways to hone my control while flying. It's done with a Phantom 3, but the basic ideas are still the same. Skip ahead to the 8:40 mark.

Lmao, some were running for dear life[emoji102][emoji35][emoji23]

Sent from [emoji211]

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929