DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot, tips welcome!

7Storms

Reactions
I have flown my Mavic four times. The first was in Dec. when I had about 18" of powder snow in my backyard. That was nearly disastrous and I blew the now off my new drone, dried it out, and stored it until I had bare ground to land on.

My three flights since have been successful. Take offs, with and without the app, and landings, with and with out the app all came off without a hitch. I have three batteries so have been able to practice an hour or so each time. The last flight I experimented with the gimbal and have a better understanding of how it works.

I try to keep the blinking green light in view but find I lose it against the pines trees. When that happens I fly the drone toward me until l can see it again. I am getting more comfortable with the display on my phone but need more practice.

Is it necessary to always keep the green light in front of you?

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum. :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Is it necessary to always keep the green light in front of you?
No. You'll only be able to see the green lights when the rear of the Mavic is facing you. Since it's possible to fly the Mavic when rotated in any direction, you won't always be able to see the green lights after yawing.

Welcome aboard.
I did read a tip somewhere that suggested starting with the green light visible when beginning in order to get the orientation & feel of the controls, and as msinger points out you will soon have the Mavic in all directions.
When at a greater distance the red indicator lights are more visible.

Keep progressing at you own comfortable pace and you will learn a bit more each flight. This is a great site for learning and ideas.

Welcome aboard.
I did read a tip somewhere that suggested starting with the green light visible when beginning in order to get the orientation & feel of the controls, and as msinger points out you will soon have the Mavic in all directions.
When at a greater distance the red indicator lights are more visible.

Keep progressing at you own comfortable pace and you will learn a bit more each flight. This is a great site for learning and ideas.

Welcome, and what He ^ said!
The mavic is remarkably easy to fly, yet I also find myself sometimes a bit nervous (especially when friends are looking over your shoulder). However, it is always a joy to fly, so just find yourself some wide open space and learn to fly comfortably. Before you know it, you'll have it at 120m and so far away you can barely see it, let alone see the little lights! :)

Reactions: Keiz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929