DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Purchase - Advice before starting

D95GAS

Reactions
Just received the Mavic last night, and due to other commitments its going to be a couple of days before I can start taking a look.

A couple of questions spring to mind after glancing at the manual:

• Do you have to connect a mobile device to the handset to setup and register the craft ?
  • When you go through the initial process, does this register the serial number with DJI ?
  • If above is correct, is that the point you have 48hrs to purchase the care refresh pack?

I know they may be dumb questions, but as I cannot do anything for a couple of days, I just wanted to make sure

Thanks

Graeme

Just received the Mavic last night, and due to other commitments its going to be a couple of days before I can start taking a look.
Congrats on the Mavic Pro :)

Do you have to connect a mobile device to the handset to setup and register the craft ?
Yes, you need to connect your mobile device (with internet connection) to activate the Mavic Pro.

When you go through the initial process, does this register the serial number with DJI ?
Yes, it does. Your warranty starts from the date of activation.

If above is correct, is that the point you have 48hrs to purchase the care refresh pack?
If it was more then 48 hours, there would have been high chances of some people buying the DJI care refresh after the crash and making a claim. One can still buy it after 48 hours though, but the process is different. Its just that DJI wants to know that your Mavic Pro is in good working condition before buying the DJI Care Refresh.

Last edited:
Thanks Rockydog ..... all done now..... BUT... more questions have arisen :)

• I have cached UK maps to my device (Nexus 7 2013). Is it advisable to have have WiFi and Location(GPS) turned off on the Nexus ?
  • Has anyone come across an 8" USB cable that will connect into the side port on the controller, to Micro-USB?

Thanks

Thanks Rockydog ..... all done now..... BUT... more questions have arisen :)

• I have cached UK maps to my device (Nexus 7 2013). Is it advisable to have have WiFi and Location(GPS) turned off on the Nexus ?
  • Has anyone come across an 8" USB cable that will connect into the side port on the controller, to Micro-USB?

Thanks

No but you can use the USB port on the bottom of the remote.

Yes using the bottom one now, but hate coiling cable out of the way, so its either a 8" one for the side, which seems to be near impossible to get hold of, or 8" one for the full size USB just so I dont have spare cable hanging.......its my OCD coming out :)

Thanks Buddy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0