DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New releases P4P & I2 - is this why the Mavic is delayed?

DrPeppar

Reactions
I'm thinking yes.
Since it appears they have these units just about ready to ship it seems they had too many irons in the fire and not able to manufacture all 3 versions in quantity.
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Possible but I doubt anyone really knows

I read something last night saying they are built on totally separate lines so capacity for each doesn't effect the other but who knows if that's true or not

I'm sure it has something to do with it. I can understand the release of the Inspire 2, but I can't fathom why they released the P4 Pro just yet. I guess because the standard P4 doesn't make much sense anymore since it doesn't have anything to offer that the more portable and just as capable Mavic can offer. But, still I'm surprised they didn't wait until the dust settles from the Mavic release. I pictured the P4Pro or P5 to be released in March 2017 (one year after the standard Phantom 4 was released).

Someone else on the forum had made a speculation that maybe the November 15th announcements was going to be MP, P4P, and I2 announcements, but they rushed the MP because of Karma. Would kind of make sense based on their update to deliver the first months of preorders in that 6-8 week window. I guess we will see when the MP get delivered and if the P4P get shipped in the next 1-2 weeks like the say.

Why did they release the P4P so soon you ask?

Simple. Supply can't meet demand in terms of Mavic production logistics. And since the Phantom assembly line is slow with lagging Phantom sales due to everyone wanting the equally capable Mavic, nothing makes more sense than updating the Phantom to make it more desirable so that they can move more drones during the peak holiday shopping season. In other words, DJI wants to milk the drone craze as much as they can during the time of year where people are most likely to part with their money. They'd be stupid not to.

My guess: they were never really planning on releasing the Mavic this early. They only did it to beat out the karma. unfortunately at the expense of an unprepared production line. I doubt the p4p will experience this much delays because I'm assuming this release was already pre planned. But like u guys said who knows lol

Also could they have been deliberately holding back Mavics so that a significant number will go for the new P4 instead?
It's highly likely nothing happens without careful tactical planning behind scenes.

Makes sense that they could have released all 3 at once then moved up mavic because of karma..

The release dates were set pretty early from my understanding and nothing brought the Mavic forward.

People have to understand the Mavic has had a whole new production line setup, both the I2 and P4P will come off existing lines that have been setup and running for years.

They are likely made in completely different factory's.

The Mavic has been hit by production issues early on but it's now shipping in decent quantities, a load of people had shipping notifications today.

These launches were planned months ago it's just DJI tends to be pushing right up to the end and that can bite them some times.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser