DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New software updates

MaxNoboa

Reactions
Hi
Whats going on with the new updates?
I have 3 friends that crash their mavics after the updates.
Has anyone experience anything weird?
I honestly dont want to do the update or fly my mavic.
Coments would be apreciated.
Cheers

What a mess,,,,, 2 of the crashes was with IOS. The mavics just went bananas in the air,,,, left to right, crazy circles an then they fall,,,,,,,

Latest android update, 4.0.6, works fine with my Mavic.

Last edited:
No issues with IOS and stay up to date with all.
Have not had any issues with none of the past ones.
And I fly a lot.
Is strange how some have issues and some don't .
Maybe it's how you hold your mouth when your flying.
Most of the issues I've seen here wasn't IOS though.
Never had my app crash other than my mini getting to
hot and just shutting down. Have always been in RTH
when that happened so no worrys.

Reactions: Wizard71
I'm having issues, not very stable when hovering, when RTH, not even close to landing! Test it 4 times and same issue! Weird behavior when descending.

Very weird that some have problem and some not. Maybe DJI QA issue as lot of demand on this model.

I'm having issues, not very stable when hovering, when RTH, not even close to landing! Test it 4 times and same issue! Weird behavior when descending.

Is this with DJI Go 4 v 4.0.8 and latest FW (.600)?

I flew a lot in the Easter, with Go 4 v. 4.0.7 and the .600 FW - rock steady in every aspect, haven't flown after the 4.0.8 update.

What a mess,,,,, 2 of the crashes was with IOS. The mavics just went bananas in the air,,,, left to right, crazy circles an then they fall,,,,,,,
I'm not sure how software updates could have caused these crashes since the Mavic is flown with the remote controller (and not the software). It would be interesting to see these flight logs.

Reactions: FlySolo
First flights after the update the AC would fly ok then suddenly do the Tango, it would yaw left 30 degrees rapidly. I recalibrated the IMU and compass and have had no issues since

Reactions: SkyHighView
Hi
Whats going on with the new updates?
I have 3 friends that crash their mavics after the updates.
Has anyone experience anything weird?
I honestly dont want to do the update or fly my mavic.
Coments would be apreciated.
Cheers

Get new friend buddy :)

No nothing weird but always check that your preferences havent changed

Reactions: MaxNoboa

I too have noticed this behavior, drone drifts quite a bit in hover, also return to home often several meters off. also an extremely lazy gimbal after initial gimbal sequence causing the image to pitch up and roll right taking about a minute or two to return to level. Luckily I haven't had any death spirals but do have a ticket w/ DJI for the gimbal issues.

DJI Go 4 up to date running on Samsung Note Pro 12.2
Drone firmware up to date and refreshed with DJI assistant still exhibiting same gimbal behavior. Also completed sensor calibration via DJI assistant. Haven't reflown since firmware refresh or calibration. Plan to this weekend.

Reactions: Elmafius
I'm not sure how software updates could have caused these crashes since the Mavic is flown with the remote controller (and not the software). It would be interesting to see these flight logs.

I was thinking the same thing.

I personally had ios issues with the combo of v1.3.0600/GO4 app 4.0.7. A rollback to v1.3.0550 seemed to clear things up. I've been watching the forum before trying app GO4 4.0.8. Btw, we need a way to load the previous GO4 App Versions with ios.

For those that have crashed, need to share their flight details prior to the crash so we can compare details to see if there is any consistencies taking place. My guess is some are using the auto takeoff feature too fast before the Home Point is recorded?

My theory, and it is only a theory:

On any given day, a few Mavic owners have issues arise, from a variety of causes, including pilot error, bad calibrations, external influences and interference, and with some, just plain malfunctions.

With tens of thousands of Mavic owners, the day before, many had updated their software.

Anyone guess what is going to get blamed?

Reactions: BudWalker

msinger, what FW are you now using ?

I also noticed a strange behavior and had to manually land on Easter Day after the update

No issues with IOS and stay up to date with all.
Have not had any issues with none of the past ones.
And I fly a lot.
Is strange how some have issues and some don't .
Maybe it's how you hold your mouth when your flying.
Most of the issues I've seen here wasn't IOS though.
Never had my app crash other than my mini getting to
hot and just shutting down. Have always been in RTH
when that happened so no worrys.

I currently use a device with android. Would it be better to use ios? Is it more stable? I think of getting a mini ipad, will it be worth it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S