DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Drones and Editing

DJP

Reactions
Took my brand new mavic to Dominican Republic vacation for 3 weeks. Only flew a couple test flights before leaving. I must mention that it flew flawlessly on the entire trip and I brought it home in one piece! Yea
Here is a video of our trip. I used Adobe premiere to edit. Had to learn everything, kinda fun!
David

not bad for a fist time flyer and edit! one friendly advice, try to change your video title to something like Dji Mavic in Dominican Republic, it might attract more viewers..

Thank you for the kind words, and your are right about the title, changed it. However I don't monetize, videos are just for my friends and family to view. So in reality don't care how many views I get.

Here's the thing about monetizing - it is easy and you only have to worry about the music you use (there is a ton of free music and most only require a quick note in the description). I have made some nice spare change the last couple months (nothing big yet, but keeping fingers crossed) and I know a couple other friends near me who get a couple hundred $ a month give or take for doing nothing but flipping that switch.

Where are you finding free music. I could always use more for my vlog. I'm splendid blended on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Great video! While I've done tons of photo editing in Lightroom & Photoshop, have not done allot of video editing. I ended up purchasing CyberLink PowerDirector and ColorDirector, so I will be going through a learning curve myself. Again, great stuff, look forward to seeing more of your work!

In YouTube there is plenty of free music and sound effects. All free to use and download. Some require a copyright notice in the video description, but that is not an issue - give the artists their due.
https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music
https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/soundeffects

When it comes to editing, pick a piece of software and stick with it. Watch the tutorials (so many on youtube it is insane) and practice. I have some 1 minute clips I have shot as practice clips. You dont even have to upload or render, just practice with the different functions.

The software is about the same. Premiere has nice color grading built in. I switched from cyberlink because the basic software does 4k but no color grading to speak of. I ripped my music off youtube. It was terrible but I didn't have many choices. I was tempted to pay for some. I ripped a nirvana song once and they said I couldn't use it if monetized. The mavic was a lot of fun on our trip. gave me something to do in the down time. We took 12 of us down there and the villa was amazing. The island not so much. The people were wonderful but don't seem to own any trash cans. Sad really, they don't take care of their island and I doubt they are getting any more land any time soon. I have been blessed to have visited a lot of places and this was the dirtiest. We still had fun.

Reactions: bluezdawg
The software is about the same. Premiere has nice color grading built in. I switched from cyberlink because the basic software does 4k but no color grading to speak of. I ripped my music off youtube. It was terrible but I didn't have many choices. I was tempted to pay for some. I ripped a nirvana song once and they said I couldn't use it if monetized. The mavic was a lot of fun on our trip. gave me something to do in the down time. We took 12 of us down there and the villa was amazing. The island not so much. The people were wonderful but don't seem to own any trash cans. Sad really, they don't take care of their island and I doubt they are getting any more land any time soon. I have been blessed to have visited a lot of places and this was the dirtiest. We still had fun.

Appreciate the feedback DJP. Went with CyberLink because I got the whole lot for less than $100. I'm very proficient in Lightroom and PhotoShop from doing photography, but have not done allot with color grading in video. Curious, did you use ColorDirector for color grading when using PowerDirector?

The cheap version of power director o had didn't include color director. I figured if I had to learn one I wanted to spend the time with Adobe. I just upped my cc subscription from Lightroom /photoshop to include premiere. It is overpriced for an amateur

Reactions: bluezdawg
Took my brand new mavic to Dominican Republic vacation for 3 weeks. Only flew a couple test flights before leaving. I must mention that it flew flawlessly on the entire trip and I brought it home in one piece! Yea
Here is a video of our trip. I used Adobe premiere to edit. Had to learn everything, kinda fun!
David

Nice video DJP,
I'm going to DR in May. Can you give me any pointers? Did you have any problems? Did they charge an entry tax? It looks like you only have to get a permit if your drone is over 2 kilos, but I'm using I-translate as I don't speak Spanish.:(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost