DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Mavic, lost conection between remote and drone.

nels2825

Reactions
Hello, so before going into my issue I have done a lot of reading on this site and have seen what seems like other people having the same issue. I have been building drones ever since the the f550 kit came out and have built several customs hexs, octos, etc so I am by no means a newbie with drones, just the Mavic. What happened in my first flight was that everything was going fine, had 11 sats at launch, I flew about 50 foot down my driveway and then turned around and came back. I then let if hover about 3ft off the ground when all of a sudden it started increasing altitude until it got caught in a tree. I was kinda freaking out at this point and just pushing full down on the left stick, so I dont know what the controller was saying on the lcd. I tried looking at the DJI go replay, but I dont see any option to see controller strength. I assume what happened was that it triggered RTM upon signal loss but that makes no sense since there was almost no RF in the area and the Mavic wasnt more than 10 foot away. I tried to download logs off of the Mavic using thr DJI assistant, but I cant find any way to open those files. I am hoping somone can tell me 1: how can I tell the controller losts comms with the Mavic? And two, is there software that can open the DJI assistant log files?
Thanks
Alex

Sent from my SM-T810 using MavicPilots mobile app

Hello, so before going into my issue I have done a lot of reading on this site and have seen what seems like other people having the same issue. I have been building drones ever since the the f550 kit came out and have built several customs hexs, octos, etc so I am by no means a newbie with drones, just the Mavic. What happened in my first flight was that everything was going fine, had 11 sats at launch, I flew about 50 foot down my driveway and then turned around and came back. I then let if hover about 3ft off the ground when all of a sudden it started increasing altitude until it got caught in a tree. I was kinda freaking out at this point and just pushing full down on the left stick, so I dont know what the controller was saying on the lcd. I tried looking at the DJI go replay, but I dont see any option to see controller strength. I assume what happened was that it triggered RTM upon signal loss but that makes no sense since there was almost no RF in the area and the Mavic wasnt more than 10 foot away. I tried to download logs off of the Mavic using thr DJI assistant, but I cant find any way to open those files. I am hoping somone can tell me 1: how can I tell the controller losts comms with the Mavic? And two, is there software that can open the DJI assistant log files?
Thanks
Alex

Sent from my SM-T810 using MavicPilots mobile app

Have you looked in the DJI 4.0 app your flight logs? Tap the little arrow at the bottom next to where you connect device, from there you can replay the flight paths and see the signal strength at the top

I must be missing something. Could you point out where signal strength is? I see a horizontal bar that seems to indicate distance from home but that's all I see.
49475dc6df33c51909bdbb7a21f2a62b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

I must be missing something. Could you point out where signal strength is? I see a horizontal bar that seems to indicate distance from home but that's all I see.
49475dc6df33c51909bdbb7a21f2a62b.jpg

It shows the satellite strength at the top - not the RC strength sorry...

The screen there is showing -1ft on the altimeter, just a question did you calibrate the MP before your flight?
Are you certain the MP lost its connection, it actually said on the RC screen "connecting"?

Reactions: Kevin Cummings
nels2825, if you upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here, we can review it and help you figure out what happened.

I will have to do some more research as to how to get the .txt files out of the Mavic, from what I was reading I thought you could only get .DAT files. At the moment I am trying to figure out this DatCon utility. As far as being -1 altitude, that is actually accurate. I started at the top of the driveway and then flew below home point. The only thing I remember seeing for sure on the controller is "connecting".

I will have to do some more research as to how to get the .txt files out of the Mavic, from what I was reading I thought you could only get .DAT files. At the moment I am trying to figure out this DatCon utility. As far as being -1 altitude, that is actually accurate. I started at the top of the driveway and then flew below home point. The only thing I remember seeing for sure on the controller is "connecting".
Did you turn off all other apps on your phone? Was it in airplane mode? Do you have a strong wifi at your Home?

OK upon further research, it appears the .TXT file resides in a folder on the Android device. Unfortunately for me, I was flying with DJI GO when this incident occurred, and then read I should be using DJO GO 4, so I uninstalled DJI GO. Apparently when I did that, the original TXT file was deleted.

It was not in airplane mode. Next time I fly I will try this. I am not sure what other apps were running, but nothing the phone was doing should have done anything between the Mavic - controller connection right?

OK upon further research, it appears the .TXT file resides in a folder on the Android device. Unfortunately for me, I was flying with DJI GO when this incident occurred, and then read I should be using DJO GO 4, so I uninstalled DJI GO. Apparently when I did that, the original TXT file was deleted.

So how did you post the above of your flight record if you deleted it?

Where in your log do you see the following occurring?

I then let if hover about 3ft off the ground when all of a sudden it started increasing altitude until it got caught in a tree.

Where in your log do you see the following occurring?
Also missing at this point are the control input (elevator) that the pilot reports applying. Is it possible that there was an RC disconnect?

This log is certainly missing data. By the log report the last altitude was 0 foot when in reality it was 15 foot up stuck in a tree. I can post the files I pulled off the Mavic itself if it will help

This log is certainly missing data. By the log report the last altitude was 0 foot when in reality it was 15 foot up stuck in a tree. I can post the files I pulled off the Mavic itself if it will help

It might help. That .DAT file is large so you'll need to Dropbox it and post the link.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus