DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New user needing some helpful answers to questions!!

D95GAS

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Only had the Mavic Pro just over a week and as usual the "British Weather" is doing its best to kill every opportunity of getting out.

So thats given me plenty of time to watch some interesting MP tutorial video's and read plenty of posts on the forum.

But its still left me with a few questions I cannot get answers for, which might help me ready for decent flying weather, so here goes:

• Can I connect up the Mavic in the house (minus propellers), and setup all the configuration options ready for flying? If so, any special precautions I should adhere to? Anything else I need to be aware of?
  • Does anyone have any notes of some "advised" settings its worth starting with?
  • I will be using the controller with the Nexus 7 (2013) - Should I turn off GPS & WiFi ?
  • Once I have setup everything I want, is there any option to export those settings for later use in the event of a reset, i.e after a firmware update?

From what I have learned from the various threads:

• Turn off downward VPS on RTH
  • Ensure RTH is logged and hover first to ensure it is logged
  • Ensure All calibrations are completed.
  • and the biggie... check and check again the battery is fully locked in.
Any other advice from the experts out there would be really appreciated, and am sure there are other newbies who would value the information.

Thanks all

Hi everyone,

Only had the Mavic Pro just over a week and as usual the "British Weather" is doing its best to kill every opportunity of getting out.

So thats given me plenty of time to watch some interesting MP tutorial video's and read plenty of posts on the forum.

But its still left me with a few questions I cannot get answers for, which might help me ready for decent flying weather, so here goes:

• Can I connect up the Mavic in the house (minus propellers), and setup all the configuration options ready for flying? If so, any special precautions I should adhere to? Anything else I need to be aware of?
  • Does anyone have any notes of some "advised" settings its worth starting with?
  • I will be using the controller with the Nexus 7 (2013) - Should I turn off GPS & WiFi ?
  • Once I have setup everything I want, is there any option to export those settings for later use in the event of a reset, i.e after a firmware update?

From what I have learned from the various threads:

• Turn off downward VPS on RTH
  • Ensure RTH is logged and hover first to ensure it is logged
  • Ensure All calibrations are completed.
  • and the biggie... check and check again the battery is fully locked in.
Any other advice from the experts out there would be really appreciated, and am sure there are other newbies who would value the information.

Thanks all
First, yes on hooking up without the props all the time.
Leave gps on just turn off WiFi, or if you are staying in one place put it on airplane mode right before you fly.
I leave VPS on
I do not calibrate unless requested to.

Does anyone have any notes of some "advised" settings its worth starting with?
There is no set of settings that works best for everyone. It would be better to read and understand the Mavic manual so you know what the settings do. With that knowledge, you'll be able to configure the settings in a way that work best for you.

I will be using the controller with the Nexus 7 (2013) - Should I turn off GPS & WiFi ?
If you don't need to use GPS or Wi-Fi, disabling them will free up resources on your tablet.

Once I have setup everything I want, is there any option to export those settings for later use
No.

Suggest beginner mode temporarily and fly in an open space.
With the battery I hold the Drone in both hands fingers down and push battery in with heel of hands watching the clips and listening for the two clicks.
Don't advocate just pushing down from the top without supporting belly of the Drone. Quickest way so wear components.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I appreciate the time you have taken and will take note of your suggestions.

I have printed the full manual out and am going through it making notes of various things I want to enable/disable.

Definitely sticking to beginner mode at the moment.

Thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S